since weeks I am looking for a guitar effect thingy that allows me to either manually (means with my foot on a pedal ) change the sound I played within the range of at least 1 octave up and down or immediatley have the note sounding one octave up or down, but, and now it gets tricksy, WITHOUT really hearing the actual note I played. To get it straight: I want to modulate my sound without having to hear it.

I was told that only the Whammy Pedal could do that but I really dont believe since there are so many companies making guitar effect pedals!

Thanks In Advance

It should not cost that much! I am not yet earning my money with music!
Unfortunately the Digitech Whammy and the Boss PS-5 Super Shifter are really the only pedals that can do what you are saying. They are both expensive.
Ahoy, there!

Boss has a pitch shifter pedal, which you can connect an expression pedal to. It's called the Super ****er or something. I'm not sure if it does exactly what you want, but it has a lot of options.