View poll results: Which bass Wah should I get
Dunlop Bass Wah
17 50%
Morely Bass Wah
14 41%
Other *if so tell me what and why*
3 9%
Voters: 34.
Yea i'm the same guy from the 6 string bass thread....I've come to a conclusion for that but until i wait for christmas i need a wah pedal and I'm stuck between the Dunlop Crybaby and the Morley....can anyone help me choose or even suggest another wah pedal.

I play heavy rock/Metal stuff if that makes a difference. I want the one that sounds the best and has the best "wah-ish" sweep or sound....but any help is much appreciated....I'm new to these boards but from the last thread there seems to be a lot of friendly support so I hope I get some! But anyway help me out! Thanks-Mark
dunlop white bass wahwah
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Morley, they are sick pedals. I have a old Morley that is discontinued and it works great. It can pickup the basses signals better than the Dunlop IMO. And it has a full/short switch for if you want a smooth wah or a short hiss.
Completely disagree. The Morley is a far better pedal, both in construction and sound. The Dunlops do not last how they used to. The Morley Bass Wah is far better.

No one above has said why they think it is better - it just lives of it's name
yea see thats why I'm so confused people say the dunlop owns over the morely then others give really good reasons why the morelys better. Keep up the suggestions cause i need to get to the solution on which is better =) but thx for the input!
Quote by Applehead
Completely disagree. The Morley is a far better pedal, both in construction and sound. The Dunlops do not last how they used to. The Morley Bass Wah is far better.

No one above has said why they think it is better - it just lives of it's name

agreed. i love my morley. wasnt impressed by the dunlop models.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
^^^^ should , bit it wont sound as good as a bass wah tho
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by bassplayerwilly
i have a jimi hendrix guitar wah (my brother's), and i was wondering, would work well for bass?

I used a standard crybaby wah for my bass and all it managed to do was suck all of my tone.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
The only wah i've used was the Mark Tremonti power wah by morley and the crybaby from hell, and though they're both guitar pedals the morleys sound was way better. Then again i was running the morley through my bass amp and was running the crybaby through my guitarists half stack.
The thing is, they sound different. There's no better wah, whoever says that is a liar.

Personally, I really dig the Dunlop Dimebag wah. I had to give it in to buy my SR506, but I can honestly say it was an amazing pedal.

However, I will be going for a WD-7 Weeping Demon later on, simply because based on things I think that's more of a wah sound that'll fit better with my sound.
haha
but isn't the dimebag and weeping demon wah for guitar? and i heard guitar wahs and I've tried wahs for bass and they suck....
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
The thing is, they sound different. There's no better wah, whoever says that is a liar.

Sound is not the only part of buying a stomp pedal - how about durability? life expectancy? Of course they sound different (i think the Morley sounds better, but that is besides the point), but the Morley is built like a tank, and the Dunlops are two a penny in quality.
oh yea the morely is built like a tank, so it's like 8-2 morely winning i might have to start a poll
after tryin both pedals i preferred the dunlop, dont mean to be harsh but i haven't gone off name alone. I dont know why, it 'seemed' a warmer sound, in comparison to the morley, the morley was a great pedal if you want to do your cliff burton esque blazin solos. Although i love doin em, it aint a big part of my style, and to me thats whatis important. I'll be honest, you shoudl really try em out first cos al we can say is our opinions and as stupid as this sounds they aint your opinion.

As for construction, i dont see anyting wrong with my dunlop, the only problem i know i will get one day is the pot goin ,as with all dunlops so meh.

Just try em all out. even brands u have never heard of, at the end of the day, worst that can happen is u will get kicked out, then you just go back in next day and try some more.

good luck with the huntin.
I would have to say the morley, like everyone else said, built like a TANK. Happy Hunting
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
thats the problem at the guitar center nearest me they don't hav'em but the morely sound best my style.
morley, bought one a few of months ago, don't regret it in the slightest, i've played a couple of crybabys and this beats them hands down.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
Here's the thing:

Almost all MORLEY pedals feature true bypass, which prevents your tone from being affected when you're in bypass mode... and a relatively stronger wah presence and larger sweep range than Crybabys. Not to mention the switchless feature present in almost all morely pedals(very helpful feature).

However some of you guys might have noticed that more known bassists(like Tim Commerford) choose the Crybaby for Bass over a MORLEY dual bass wah/power wah/signature artist wah(e.g: tremonti power wah, steve vai bad horsie 1 & 2). Why?.. Well in my humble opinion, the Crybaby for Bass probably suits other genres of music, such as funk or hip-hop, as these bassists would prefer a more subtle wah, or just a different tone. I'm not saying the Crybaby for Bass is ALL for funk/hip-hop, I belive it can be used for any other genre as well... but the bottomline is this:

You can't compare either wah pedals. Yes, there may be pros and cons of each, but at the end of the day it's up to you. It all matters on what wah you think suits the type of music you play, your musical personality etc. I recommend you try out EACH wah pedal before you choose.

For me , I prefer MORLEY.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't tried it, but the Rocktron Black Cat wah sounds pretty good from magazine reviews and sound clips.
Thanks for all the comments...the snarling dog wahs don't sound all that bad but I think I'm gunna have to go for the morley....the dunlop is a good wah I just don't think its for metal bass soloish stuff....i dunno maybe it is but I think I'm gunna stick with morley....but still keep ur opinions coming!
With the Morley Power Wah, can't you turn off the wah function and just use it as a volume pedal? Bonus.
im prett sure you can.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."