Ok, I Have decided to make a Bolt- on Maple neck, a Mahogany (ash if I cant get Mahogany) Body. It is going to be an explorer, with a Single coil in the neck position and a Humbucker at the bridge. Im going to have a 21 fret neck, with a strat head stock. Not going to paint it but I will leave it wood colored.

If any one thinks that there is anything I should do to make it better, please comment.

Will post pictures as I make progress.
Splittable humbucker in the neck, possibly spin-a-splits?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I don't like the idea of a Strat-style headstock on an explorer much. Not a helpful comment, I know, but still...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Yea, I was pondering that and I threw out the fender headstock thing. But does anyone know where I can get all the specs for an Explorer?

What are spin-a-splits?
You use a pot to control the coil splitting. I know you can buy necks with blank headstocks off ebay for customising
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yea, but I dont want to buy a custom neck, I am making everything from scratch, and I need to get measurements for where to set up the bridge and everything
You're making everything from scratch? Good luck with that
The neck I was talking about isn't custom. It's a rosewood/maple neck which has a blank headstock that you can cut out to your own dimensions and add your own inlays. Also, they are only $60, pretty cheap for something that looks fairly decent quality.
If you get or have TurboCad 2D, I have full plans here for an explorer with a bolt on neck here.