so i've decided on wich puickups i'm getting from bareknuckle the mule for the neck and black dog for the bridge but i realized i don't know if i need the 2 conductor or 4 conductor cable ones. i have an epi les paul custom and i am not looking to do any creative wireing so i just want to know if i have to order the 2 or 4 cacle pickups
thanks
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
It doesn't really matter. Personally, I would go with the 4 conductor to give you greater wiring possibilities if you ever want them.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
It doesn't really matter. Personally, I would go with the 4 conductor to give you greater wiring possibilities if you ever want them.

if you don't mind spending extra money for 2 long shaft push,pull guitar pots or getting a 5 or 6 way rotary switch for those extra possibilities. The four conductor is either for coil tapping or coil splitting.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by the_random_hero

If he doesn't want them, he won't have to spend any extra money. In the futre however, if he decides he wants some more tonal possibilities, it's a decent amount of work to convert a 2 conductor humbucker over, when he could just have the extra conductors ready to go
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
how much would it cost in total getting the pickups put in and to also get the push-pull pots?
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
You don't need push-pull pots if you have 4 wire humbuckers. You normally join two of the conductors and you end up with a 2 conductor humbucker. You can still use the pots you already have in the guitar.
As long as you have a soldering iron (40w) and some solder, decent quality push-pull pots cost about $8 each. $16 to add a few tonal possibilities to your guitar and learn an invaluable skill? I'd certainly spend that much!
It didnt cost me any extra to get 4 conductor wiring on my bareknuckle pickups. I got them direct from the factory though, i dont know if that makes a difference.