Im gettin an ampeg svt cabby soon and cant make up my mind, svt18, or svt410he,
also as my experience with them was limited and quiet id like to know what you think of them. whats your opinion on their sound? thanks
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
i recommend the 410. it has a bright, and punchy sound. depending on you're amp, you could add a 1x15" cab later, for floor shaking sound. any speaker under 10" has
a hard time reproducing, low frequency ranges. the Ampeg SVT series, rules the pro bass world.

Edit:
if the 118 is one, 18" speaker, i still vote 4x10". an 18" speaker, by its' self, will not give enough mid, to high range sound. an 18" works great in combination with a
4x10" cab.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 19, 2006,
thanks alot man
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay

FUK

Gotta agree with 83 , if you're getting only ONE cab, get the 4x10. If there's any hope of getting two cabs though, do it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I've got the 8x10 w/svt4pro...

my say in this....

wonderous cabs and head. you can make it sound however you want...very versatile setup.

I imagine the 410 would be a great rig.
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
if its ampeg it should be a good amp, nearly all ampegs are nice
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Ampeg SVT is the classic bass sound. Enjoy your cab when you get it! What head are you using?
^^ none as of yet, the svt will be the first stage of my rig building, but any head suggestions are appreciated too
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay

FUK

Quote by bassmanjoe08
^^ none as of yet, the svt will be the first stage of my rig building, but any head suggestions are appreciated too

im looking inot an SVT rig of my own, so yes, please do suggest heads that are good yet cheap.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."