i found a bass cab on ebay for $135 with shiping it's a 2x10 and the only thing about it is it dosn't have a horn but it has a spot for one so not that big of a deal. but i have never heard of the brand Legion is it good, bad,ok, is this a good deal or not. if you guys could tell me what you think that would be great
your mom said yes
I'm almost positive someone in here has a Legion cab but for the life of me I can't remember who.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
I'm almost positive someone in here has a Legion cab but for the life of me I can't remember who.

that would be me.

I remember posting a review of my 2x12 back in the Show off your bass Version 2 thread...I'm gonna go see if I can find it...

EDIT: Found it!
Made a few modifications to it as well.
Quote by me

I've had mine for about a few months, and I've only gigged with it once...From my limited experience using it by myself and with my band, I'd say it is a great value for the money...So if you're a cheapass/brokeass like me then this is the cab to get! (got mine for $200 shipped)...some people (at my previous gig) asked how much I paid for it, 3 of em (fellow bassists) wagered it must have been at least $350!..And one of the guys had avatar cabs, the other had carvin, and the last guy...i forget...i think they were behringer, lol....

Now dont misinterpret this as me saying that these are as good as Avatars (Because I assure you they arent) i'm just saying that they're a pretty damn good value for the money you pay...and if you find one on ebay from a personal owner (not the store) then dont hesitate to buy it!...unless of course its in bad shape or something...

Pic! (I focused on the bass in this old picture but I have no others of the cab, I took off the grill because I was waiting for the replacement tweeter...That caused me to accidentally kick a dent in the dust cap and ruin the speaker, luckily - following the advice of a dude on Talkbass - i made a slit in the dust cap, pushed out the dent and glued it back together, now it works good as new!)

THe tone of my 2x12 cab is fairly transparent, meaning my bass and amp dictate the tone and the cabinet simply amplifies it, not really affecting the tone much...The tone of the cab really depends on your head but on mine (Hartke HA3000) the tone is very clear and present, but its nothing special (because of the head, not the cab)...The piezo tweeter on the cab really helps you cut through in a band situation - I was skeptical of the noisy sumbitch at first, lol - but now I wont play without it!...When you play alone it amplifies nothing but hiss and clanky noises made from sloppy playing or noisy strings/pickups/basses/etc...Its not that hissy though, its not like OMGsohissyturnthat****off!!11...its a tweeter, almost all tweeters are hissy at some point because its their job to amplify really high frequencies which sometimes = hiss...but in a band situation - even moreso when you're slapping - the tweeter increases your presence by a bunch...It really does, maybe you NEED those clanks and hisses, I dunno...

And so far the only problem I've had was when it came in the mail...err UPS...The box it came in was pretty battered and there was a tear it near the tweeter...I'm guessing the UPS guys had fun throwing the box around and in effect the tweeter was jarred out of place and fell into the cabinet...This, however, was a simple fix, I emailed the folks at MSC and got a response the next day with them saying they will send out a replacement tweeter and horn casing (little thing it comes in that you drill into the cabinet so it stays in place)....Sure enough, 2 days later it came in...As opposed to the 2-3 weeks it took to get the 2x12 to my door, lol....thats the only present problem, MSC is kinda slow to get things out the door for ya...Good product though...

feel free to ask any other questions

<EDIT> Heres a link of a review of the 2x12 from a guy on talkbass...NOTE: Its kinda old, but will be a good read if you want to learn about Legion and are interested in buying something from em.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184145

As you can tell, this is a review of my 4ohm 2x12, I've never played a Legion 2x10 but I've read the technical info on the 2x10 and sadly it doesnt seem as good as the 2x12...the construction is cheaper, heavier yet weaker wood, the cab has low sensitivity (96dB if I remember correctly) compared to other 2x10s, etc..

I wouldnt advise against it though, just be sure you're patient enough to wait 2 weeks for the box to arrive.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Sep 20, 2006,
Ahhhh, that's right. We all wanted to know if they were too good to be true. I still want another cab, maybe I'll get a 2x12 instead of another 4x10.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
thanks for the help guys
i think i'll look into it a little more too
your mom said yes