Hello, I realy want to learn how to properly sing but don't want to have lessions because I perform better when teaching myself things, but the problem is idk where to start. I have read alot of posts and tutorials on here but none of them realy seem to go in depth to teach you want you need to know. So i was wondering if anyone knew any free site that have good full singing lessions because im greatly interested in signing but I can hardly sing worth a ****. I know some about breath control becasue i used to rap (dont flame plz)but i think while doing that i did some damage to my vocals cords because every time i rapped my throat aways hurted and my voice would go to hell real fast. So bassicly can someone show me soem where that i can learn to fully sing.

Thanks, I know htis probly has been posted many tiem but i have search and have read all the topics that came up in the search.
Last edited by Deltaseeker at Sep 19, 2006,
Drink a lot of water. Always adviseable.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^^^Warm Water is always good, they relax the vocal chords, cold water makes them tense and they wont stretch as good.
Join a chorus(there may be one at your school.), it will help a ton with different excercises and stuff. Trust me.

Practice singing with a piano.

Take lessons if you can afford them: I don't care how you learn, they'll help.

DON'T LEARN FROM A WEBSITE! They could seriously hurt you.

If you ever do anything and it hurts, stop. It can tingle or feel a little weird, but if it hurts, stop and drink room temperature water.

Cold water constricts the vocal cords, Hot water can burn them(obviously, if it's too hot.). Room temperature is perfect for your voice.
Quote by Retribution
Join a chorus(there may be one at your school.), it will help a ton with different excercises and stuff. Trust me.

Practice singing with a piano.

Take lessons if you can afford them: I don't care how you learn, they'll help.

DON'T LEARN FROM A WEBSITE! They could seriously hurt you.

If you ever do anything and it hurts, stop. It can tingle or feel a little weird, but if it hurts, stop and drink room temperature water.

Cold water constricts the vocal cords, Hot water can burn them(obviously, if it's too hot.). Room temperature is perfect for your voice.

I learned most of my stuff from a site, for about 6 months, now i'm in singing lessons and the websites actually made it so when i went there i could already do most of the exercises.

But i guess they COULD hurt you if its a bad site or you read it wrong.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Deltaseeker
what site did you learn it off of?

google searches

search google for vocalist, and it will be like vocalist.org or something like that. Thats the best site.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!