okay so ive been having way too much trouble with my amp. i have a fender twin amp and a gibson les paul standard. the problem is that i try to play heavy alternative/metal/screamo stuff on there but the sound always sounds disgusting. the clean tone on the amp sounds horrible when i turn the mids down and i have to turn the mids down to make my krank distortus maximus to sound remotely good. i also have a boss ns-2 which helps out. when i run the effects through my amp, my distortion isnt bright enough so i have to press down the bright button on my amp. frankly, ive spent too much money and too much time figuring out how to get the sound i want? should i just sell my amp and buy a high gain amp? is the problem even my amp? i went into a local guitar store to have the pickup height readjusted and they said that the pickups were fine but i needed new strings. they also said something about a "hot pickup?" what is that? please help! this is so critical for me and i need all the advice i can get!
ok, let me get this straight: do you have a fender twin reverb? that amp has amazing cleans and you shouldn't turn the mids down.

the krank pedal is a distrotion pedal, which means its a bit harsh to use with tube amps. the les paul has great pickups, i wouldn't change them.

try out some overdrive pedals
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i have a fender twin amp not a twin reverb. its 100 watts of all tube. overdrive pedals wont work because they arent heavy enough. do you think i may have to get another amp?
Well if you have to keep changing the mids for different things, maybe an EQ pedal would help if another amp is out of the question.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Sell it. Get a new amp
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
What kind of bands have a similar tone to what youre trying to get at?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
dude, dont sell the twin.
those amps are so beautiful and once you grow out of this screamo phase you will want great great cleans and you will regret selling it.
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
The amp isn't the problem. The amp itself is not at all bad, it's what you're doing with it. You don't want to use havy distortion pedals with a tube amp. Overdrives will sound damned good with it, say a BOSS SD-1 or something. The setup you have now is great, it's pretty much what Hubert Sumlin uses. What you need to do is get some better taste in music. You Les Paul and twin amp would be perfect for some blues, but not metal.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
better taste in music? so now youre criticizing the type of music i want to play? sure i like blues and stuff like that but im looking to make a band thats the thing.
Yeah. your a bit harsh.

I personally woudl keep that amp, it's a great amp for blues and jazz and such. But for anything heavier tehn led sep you'll have issues simply ebcause of hte way the amp was built, it was built wiht superior cleans in mind. Not the heavy distorted guitars.

What I suggest is saving up for another amp, something made for heavy distorted gutiars, such as a mesa boogie or a peavey 5150.

The problem with those amps is that if you ever want a godo clean tone again, it'll be hard to get one.

Btw, you might want to grab another pedal... maybe a boss mt-2?
Why the hell did you buy a Twin if you want to play fucking "Screamo"?

Buy another amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Dont disrespect the twin with screamo, buy a another amp but dont sell the twin, also if you MUST, you can mod the twin... But with my jekyll and hyde, on a twin REVERB i get the heaviest sound i can want... just blend the 2 channels, although i usually just use the overdrive channel...
buy a high gain tube amp and then a/b them so you can have the fender for cleans then your high gain amp for distortion. haha. i think its called "A/Bing". pleas correct me if im wrong
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by mechdragun
i'll trade my MG10 for your twin.

ROFL
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6