high gain amps have more gain than you'll ever need, and are geared more toward heavier music and shred. their clean channel and overall versitility is diminshed quite a bit as well
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i think a good amp that could do both of those would be something like a vox AC30 or a traynor. but get more opinions
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
You could also check out the Peavey JSX and the Classic, but Traynor, Marshalls (JCM800s the dual channel version), 900s and 2000s seem to have good clean channels and good dirty, same with ENGL and many other boutique amps.
Quote by sHrEdDiNgMDnEsS
mark IV or double rectifier? im looking for a hardcore/medalcore/metal/alternative/screamo sound?

I say Mark IV. Im sure most would disagree though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Me thinks Underoath and Atreyu use 5150's, but I don't know.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by pierce34celtic
Peavey 5150 is a metal machine, but it isnt as versatile as a Mark IV, but for your styles it should be perfect

Ah I finally tried that today! Its pretty good (especially for the used combos price...) but the cleans arnt the best of course. Id definately look into it if youre not a huge clean guy.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
^What he said.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Peavey JSX man, most versatile amp thats sounds so great. I think itd suit you pretty well.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
^The JSX is a versatile machine, but so are Mk IV's...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420