View poll results: Which amp?
Carvin V3 Stack
15 68%
Peavey 6505 Plus
6 27%
Other
1 5%
Voters: 22.
What would be a better amp for me, a Carvin V3 halfstack or a Peavey 6505. I've heard so many good things about both but I can't decide and I have played either one. I will play an amp before I buy it. I liked the sound clips of the v3 on their website if anyone's heard it. www.carvin.com . The music I play is Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Diamond Head, Metal Church, Joe Satriani, Slayer, Van Halen, Steve Vai, Venom, Yngwie Malmsteen, Testament. My guitar is a Gibson SG Standard. Sorry about the long post.

EDIT: My budget is $1700. OR that's what I'm willing to save up for.
Last edited by metal Lover at Sep 19, 2006,
i love my uncles V3. very versitile. it doesn't have reverb, which pisses me off a bit.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I had the opportunity to try out a V3 and I didn't really like it. It was really fizzy and noisy. I'd reccomend a Master Tube series head. I tried one and loved it. It excels at metal/hardcore and has great cleans.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
The V3 is only fizzy if you EQ it that way. Plus with a retube it goes away anyways.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
I would say so.
RIP SYD
Although I'm not a huge fan of the V3, I will say it is a great bang for your buck. Is it a bad amp? God no. I only got half an hour to mess with it, so it may be better than I though. If you buy a Carvin, you're getting good quality no matter how much you spend.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Should I save up for a mastertube carvin or just buck up and save for the v3 is it worth it? Is there a huge difference?
V3
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
The V3 has 2 smart loops, doesn't use clipping diodes for distortion, so its full tube distortion, has an extra channel, and has a footswitchable boost. I would say that its worth it.
RIP SYD
what is MIDI exactly and what all do I have to hook up to it to run it? it looks really complicated