Sup guys, alright my brand new Epiphone Les Paul's input jack keeps coming loose. i'm not messing witht the screw or anything, but yet it just keeps coming loose. I've tried everything, just using the screws and nuts that came with the guitar. I've had to redo the jack like 6 or 8 times in one month. someone said to glue it down, but i'll probably go in there again one day and change out the jack, so idk wat to do. any suggestions? thanks
changing the jack is really the only way to fix it. just keep tightening it till then.
yeah make sure you just check it everytime you play it and keep it tight, the one on my SG comes loose sometimes so i just have to check it, youll regret gluing it down if your jack goes bad and you have to switch it out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Use a little bit of PTFE tape and tape it around the threads so that'd make the nut/screws go tighter.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
awesome, i'll try those out, but yeah the butt caulk is probably the safest bet, haha, just kidding. thanks guys
the tape or a gripping washer. and dont "hand tighten" that jack or the center will spin and rip off the two wires connected to the jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
iv had this same problem on my epi lp and i just opened up the back took off the jack plate held on to the actuall jack and used an adjustible wrench to tighten the nut untill it was nice and snug. its held perfectly fine for a month now so..........
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
...Do you have a Plain-Top?

Cause I had the same problem.
I traded it in, for other reasons, and the replacement they gave me hasn't had the problem yet.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
the model doesnt matter.
my epi input has been fine. you can get a loose jack from any brand. the key is to go out and get a gripping washer, .25c, and not to hand tighten.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011