I got the Kramer LP from Musicyo.com on sale for $199, $214 shipped. This shipped from Nashville, TN or Gibson-ville. It reeks of Epiphone but all mahogany for alot less cash a slightly thinner neck than an Epi LP std with alot better looks and finish. In fact the clear plastic stickers that cover the pups say with the official Epiphone logo on the sticker:

Designed by Epiphone USA
-Alnico Classic Magnets
-Double Vacuum Waxed
-Enamel Wire

The neck feels identical to an LTD EC400 / EC1000. The fretwire is polished nicely and shiney unlike some dull gritty feeling Chinese Epis I tried. This guitar is made in Indonesia as are some LTDs (everything 200 series and under) and LTD charges $420 for an M200FM which I had. Playability and set up are excellent as it was with the LTD I owned for a bit, quality from Indoonesia is on par with Epi LPs or Koreans. The neck is one piece mahogany. Tuners are Grover, smooth and keep tune well after vigorous bending even with the crap factory strings on it. Intonation was set almost perfectly and I just needed to lower the tune-o-matic bridge slightly to get the string hieght to my liking.

The body is a 100% LTD EC1000 clone, kudos to Gibson for ripping off someone else for a change. The cutaway body fits my gut nicely and the shaved neck heel makes the 22nd fret less of a task than a standard les paul body. But unlike the EC1000 the Kramer only has 22 frets so the neck pup is in the right place like an ESP Eclipse2. The abalone trim looks every bit as quality as the EC1000 zero flaws, in fact it feels identical overall to an EC1000 without closing your eyes. Also the body is a 2 piece mahogany build.

Sound- These are USA made pups 90R and 98T (490R and 498T) specs I would assume they sound like the stock pups in the Gibson LP Studio I used to own and are a very nice sounding stock pup. Pinch harmonics squeel out easily from both bridge and neck positions. Bridge is tight and not as bright as the JB in my US Hamer, neck is creamy smooth with high gain like a LP should be, sounding really good for sweep picking. I like the bridge sound better than the JB in my Hamer, its going soon. Distortion is thick and palm muting produces a satisfying chug, all in all great pups for a $214 guitar. Sustain is long and sweet much like my US Hamer. Clean sounds are pretty good especially from the neck and with both on. It sounds every bit as good a a $500 Epi LP std pupwise. The pots have a nice heavy even feel and the switch feels sturdy, they are probably epiphone electronics.

Im keeping this one for sure, maybe switching pups maybe not, with my high gain tube Peavey most any pups end up sounding good with a tweak of the eq. I highly recommend this guitar for a beginner (especially at this price $214), intermediate, or advanced player looking to add a good looking cheap guitar to thier collection. Truthfully I cant believe I got this much guitar for $214 it looks great, plays great, and sounds better than anything else Ive tried in shops in teh $200-300 range, it sounds ALOT better than the LTD M200FM I had with EMG HZs for $429. Buy this.

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=573

My cam makes it look forest green, must be the flash, but in real life it is is black and dark grey quilted, very nice, and it does not have the dark purple look under certain lights that the 2 see thru black flame top LTDs I had (M100FM, M200FM).

Also the nut is graphite which I prefer over the Epis bone, or possibly plastic?
Attachments:
5.JPG
Last edited by CustomCustom at Sep 19, 2006,
That thing is beautiful

i want one.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

wow, thats nice, i always wondered about those guitars. i guess they are good
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Your review is pretty much on par with mine (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435763). Got mine today as well. Your photos have the same problem as mine. They make the guitar look green but it is actually a fairly dark black and looks blacker than the photos posted on the MusicYo site.

I posted some measurements of the neck width (not thickness) and it is just slightly smaller than my Epi LP.
Quote by mfergel
Your review is pretty much on par with mine (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435763). Got mine today as well. Your photos have the same problem as mine. They make the guitar look green but it is actually a fairly dark black and looks blacker than the photos posted on the MusicYo site.

I posted some measurements of the neck width (not thickness) and it is just slightly smaller than my Epi LP.

Cool Im glad you got the same impressions as me, better looking, better feeling neck, better sounding for half the price as an epi and all mahogany. For $199 there is no better NEW guitar in the world.
Schweet...

How did you get Transluscent Green? I thought the only available colors were Trans lack and Trans Amber...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Schweet...

How did you get Transluscent Green? I thought the only available colors were Trans lack and Trans Amber...?

Its just an illusion from the flash bulb in my digicam it is black./dark grey in person.
Ohhh cool.
Now I'm really thinking about getting this one instead of an AL-3000.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ohhh cool.
Now I'm really thinking about getting this one instead of an AL-3000.

I debated the same thing but the amputated horn on teh Agile was too much to overlook for me, this thing is an EC1000 for $200 and yes Ive played the EC1000 quite a few time at the store.
I can say my LP/EC1000 urge is completely satisfied with this purchase and if I were hit the lotto Id buy a PRS Custom22 and not even consider a LP b/c Ive owned one and hated the neck joint/fret access, the angular shaved section of body under the neck joint on this one makes a noticeable difference in playing comfort to me.
IMO the amputated horn don't fit, it just doesn't look LP enough to me...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
its a beaut all these kramer lp custom purchases are giving me GAS lol.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Damn, makes me want another Lp.
Only problem is, I don't want another LP!
makes me almost regret my ec-400.

on a side note...
are the other kramers this good? I know this is the only one with a set neck a binding and stuff, but are they in general up to that quality?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
^ thats what im wondering
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Damn, it looks nice! My Al-3100 comes in tomorrow though, I knew I shoulda waited to order something.
I am NOT a fan of Les Pauls or the copies, but that is the nicest looking one I've seen besides the ESP EC-1000.
How's the quality on the binding? Sorry if you answered that.. I couldn't find it...

'Cause I know some fret bindings and stuff are low-qual, and you can get like lifted edges and stuff?
Any further update after getting more time to play this guitar? I have been looking for an LP copy to go with my american strat and this look like a decent deal.
nice review.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the binding looks nice I dont see any real problems just a couple ever so slightly misaligned thin black pinstripes on the edge of the ivory binding, the abalone is damn near perfect, and tonally its fine with me, all 3 of my guitars are mahogany and I like the way this one sounds better than the JB pup in my US Hamer, the Ibanez S has a completely different sound with its stock QM1 and QM2 pups and the fact it has a floating trem and cavity carved out of the back. I usually play all the time on the Ultra or (lead) channel on a 4 preamp tubed high gain Peavey. Clean it sounds fine on the neck or mid position I never play any cleans with the bridge pup on any guitar. I may get a Duncan Distortion bridge and Jazz neck after a while to upgrade.