ok i know there was a bulliten just posted about needed songs for a gig, well same thing just different setting

me and my band who just started but have been friends for years are trying to bring back the trash metal. we are all semi experienced and we have two lead guitars me and my friend, the only problem is we cant pick a song we all want to play, so i was wondering if anyone had any good suggjestions for a thrash metal song, semi advanced to moderate for two lead guitars? (plus bass and drums and all that)
wrooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg ffffffffffffoooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm
master of puppets
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Exodus.

Holy Wars, Angel of Death, Bringer of Torture, Dethamphetamine.

Or write your own, thrash isn't hard to write.
just play hangar 18, you can switch out each solo since you have 2 lead players, and it shouldnt be too hard, if it is then you could try playing she-wolf.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
Quote by visa
just play hangar 18, you can switch out each solo since you have 2 lead players, and it shouldnt be too hard, if it is then you could try playing she-wolf.

Oh yeah Hangar 18 owns. Do Motorbreath from Metallica. That song just hits you right in the nuts
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Jump In The Fire
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
anything from my name or ride the lightning
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
metallica is thrash?

having never truly heard thrash, well i thought i had, but now im not sure.. i thought thrash was crazy ass metal at extreme speeds, double kick all the way through, pure screaming, basically thrashing around on stage going crazy making so much noise its just.. noise.

no?

gimme some pure thrash bands to listen to...
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
Quote by BloodStaindHand
metallica is thrash?

having never truly heard thrash, well i thought i had, but now im not sure.. i thought thrash was crazy ass metal at extreme speeds, double kick all the way through, pure screaming, basically thrashing around on stage going crazy making so much noise its just.. noise.

no?

These are the main four thrash bands,
Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, and metallica. those are the main bands that are recognized as thrash metal, and we are talking early metallica, st anger isnt thrash, but all there early alblums are, listen to megadeth though, listen to hangar 18, holy wars..the punishment due, she-wolf, theres more, but you get the idea.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
alright, i havnt ever heard any of those bands, im more into punk/emo/screamo/mealcore/hardcore/power metal/doom metal and regular metal etc. how old are those bands? are they modern, like with albums produced in the last three years or so?
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
Quote by BloodStaindHand
alright, i havnt ever heard any of those bands, im more into punk/emo/screamo/mealcore/hardcore/power metal/doom metal and regular metal etc. how old are those bands? are they modern, like with albums produced in the last three years or so?

What you guys are thinking about is the thrash from the 80s. So no, those bands have no really produced any worthwhile albums in the last few years.

Pure thrash, and underrated: Vio-lence, Sadus, Laaz Rockit, MOD, Nuclear Assault, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Coroner, Heathen, Artillery, Destruction, Sodom.

Thrash hasn't neccessarily gone away, by the way. It has just evolved into a more extreme underground genre called Power Violence.
and what is the actual sound of this Power Violence... I cannot download right now our internet is choosing to be gay and if it persists i will put my finger in its USB to teach it a lesson
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
Quote by thrashfan
What you guys are thinking about is the thrash from the 80s. So no, those bands have no really produced any worthwhile albums in the last few years.

Pure thrash, and underrated: Vio-lence, Sadus, Laaz Rockit, MOD, Nuclear Assault, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Coroner, Heathen, Artillery, Destruction, Sodom.

Thrash hasn't neccessarily gone away, by the way. It has just evolved into a more extreme underground genre called Power Violence.

Heathen and Destruction are fucking brutal!
Baaaaaaa'
Dead Skin Mask by Slayer. It's actually pretty easy. Just get the timing between the two guitars right, and you've got a great cover.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by BloodStaindHand
metallica is thrash?

no?

Haha, no, what you described is death metal or grindcore. More likely grindcore. Thrash is played at what is considered a very fast tempo by most standards, anywhere from about 150-210 bpm. It's characterized by hardcore-influenced power chord riffs and palm-muted single notes, plus a New Wave of British Heavy Metal sound and attitude. It usually uses double bass drums, and really fast drum rolls. The vocals are anywhere from clean to death grunts, and the lyrics are about a lot of things, but they're usually about politics or Satan. The lead guitars are basically shred. Thrash also has the tendency to be very progressive.

I bet you'd like it, as you're into hardcore and regular metal. It's a lot like metalcore, but without the breakdowns or screaming.
is dragonforce thrash? im really not 100% sure of what it is, but i love metallica
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by BloodStaindHand

god damnit, I got here to late, yes megadeth still makes alblums, so does anthrax and so does slayer and so does metallica, and its all still thrash except for metallica. alot of new thrash sucks, so listen to them, mainly megadeth.
Quote by Zach_F
Yes megadeth the kings of thrash metal. Listen to set the world afire its amazing!
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
Quote by AtReYuRoCk
Belgian trashcore 'Shredder' http://www.shreddertrash.com

"trashcore"? thats like that kid who made a thread requesting songs for his "trash band" to play at there first gig, that guy was a retard.
Quote by Zach_F
Slayer are awful. Heathen, Defiance, Anthrax, Exodus, Intruder, Razor and Metallica's first album (Kill 'Em All) are my favourites.

Don't get me wrong I like other Metallica albums but Kill 'Em All is brutal.
Baaaaaaa'
Go for some Testament ( over the wall, the preacher, low, trial by fire, electric crown, practice what you preach, return to serenity, the haunting, the new order,into the pit) and there more amazing songs best thrash band ever.

Or maybe some Nuclear assault.

by the way dont worry about screwing up this is 2006 nt the 80's half of the fags r into hip-hop r pop.they dnt even knw what real music is.
playing some testament would be impressive or what about some techinical thrash like atheist or cynic, the crowd will certain to think that you wrote it because hardly anyone have heard those 2 bands.
your not going to bring thrash back by playing covers, so write something.
but if you cant write anything.

master of puppets
or
cowboys from hell
or
fight fire with fire
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.