I was just wondering because I never have resrearched this enough, how do you properly clean your neck i.e. get the nasty build up off the sides near the frets and just clean the fretboard in general
Gear:

Guitars
Jackson Kevin Bond signature
LTD Deluxe H-1000
Gibson Gothic Flying V
Schecter Hot Rod '39(for sale)
BC Rich Made in America 1988 Gunslinger (for sale)
Kramer ST500 (for sale)

Amp
Crate GT3500H Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet
I use lemon oil, which you can probably find at your local music store, and a toothbrush. It gets rid of all that built up grime. Just wipe it off with a clean cloth so you dont leave the neck all wet.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
the toothbrush doesn't scratch the wood?
Gear:

Guitars
LTD Deluxe H-1000
Gibson Gothic Flying V
Kramer ST500 (for sale)

Amp
Crate GT3500H Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet
I use a soft toothbrush and scrub up and down the frets. then i put a little lemon oil and
repeat the process. then i wipe off the exess and put a bit more lemon oil across the fret board(make sure you go up and down the frets ) with a soft cloth. then wait like 2 min. and wipe off the excess. wait for it do absorb then string it up.

PS the tooth brush won't scratch the wood.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Nope, not at all. If you dont want to use a toothbrush you could just use a clean cloth. It works the same, but it takes more time/effort to get all the junk thats right next to the frets.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ok cool thanks everyone for your help. i will use the toothbrush i am just sketchy because ti si a brand new expensive guitar so yeah
Gear:

Guitars
LTD Deluxe H-1000
Gibson Gothic Flying V
Kramer ST500 (for sale)

Amp
Crate GT3500H Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet
Cleaning Fretboards
If you think your fretboard is not too dirty (ill show you an ultimate dirtiness later on) then you should just use lemon oil and wipe it clean and leave it out to dry for couple of hours, days maybe. Use cotton bud for that tight spaces inside fretwires area. You should change your strings whenever it turns black. I bet that you sweat a lot, try to use D'addarios, its good for sweat hands. Guide on changing strings on floyd rose http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_re-stringing_guitar.html

--(Courtesy of Jemsite.com)--
This is for the ultimate dirtiness on the fretboard, and how to fix it. What you need are these:
- 0000 grade steel wool or 3M Sanding Sponges (Fine & Extra Fine)
- Lighter fluid or 100% rubbing alcohol
- Clean cotton rag
- Lots of elbow grease & patience

An ultimate dirty fretboard

It is easiest to clean the neck with it removed from the guitar so if you're sanding the back down now is the time to clean the board. Otherwise cover the guitar body and use a padded workbench

Clean the fretboard:
1) It is possible to gently coat the fretboard with lighter fluid or rubbing alcohol to loosen up the dirt on the fretboard.
- Gently rub each fret parallel with the frets and get the dirt loosened up
- WARNING = some say never to proceed further than this step however it is very difficult to clean a dirty maple neck with only solvents such as alcohol or lighter fluid
2) Next use a Sanding Sponges or 0000 grade steel wool & rub gently over & over across the board/grain (parallel with the frets)
- Clean one fret at a time
- Rub gently to remove the debris and avoided scratching up or digging into the inlays
- If using the 3M sponges start with fine and finish with extra fine.
- Note you can finished the frets by rubbing lightly in a circular motion which left a clean even surface)
3) When finished wipe the frets with lighter fluid or rubbing alcohol
4) When finished cleaning, wipe your fretboard down with a clean rag
5) Let the fretboard air dry

Clean fretboard

Picture guide with really thorough details on cleaning a fretboard go to this site. Also includes gear setups for that pwnshop buyers
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/grunge/grunge_1.htm
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic