well...ive never heard of it...BUT...i can tlel you what its about....its about tuning each string to C....simple as that i suppose
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
its like simulating a 36 string guitar, quite useless, but i guess id doo it to make like little fills in some spots on recordings, most likely on an acoustic guitar with a capo maybe
thats pretty pointless
maybe your thinkingabout open C
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
no he's not thinking of open C, ive seen something very similar to this used by Lou Reed. He called it "Ostrich Guitar" and he tuned all strings to the note D (D D D D D D). It creates a drone effect. I use it alot to get a "psychedelic indian" vibe. I'm assuming that C C C C C C is the same concept, just C
I would definetly experiment with it. But be careful to tune it right (so you dont snap your string)

e-tune down to C
B-tune up to C
G-tune down to C (you may want to go up, because it creates a lot of slack on the string, i just dont like tuning up on my G string)
D-tune down to C
A-tune up to C (the heavier string can handle it)
E-tune down to C
I think Sunn O))) use that similar idea sometimes, not necessarily CCCCCC, but all the strings to one note (with the higher strings being slightly out of tune). It works pretty well.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
It can also create a sort of swirling sound, not like a chorus exactly but they won't be perfectly in tune with each other (then you would only hear one note) so you can hear the slight differences "swirling" - I think it's a great effect
-Mike
CCCCCC tuning was used by some old country player, so that he could play with one finger when he was hammered. no joke.
Quote by duncang
I think Sunn O))) use that similar idea sometimes, not necessarily CCCCCC, but all the strings to one note (with the higher strings being slightly out of tune). It works pretty well.

How the hell do you pronounce that band name?

I think that'd sound nice with a slide. . .should try it out eventually. . .
Quote by nofxnofxnofx
CCCCCC tuning was used by some old country player, so that he could play with one finger when he was hammered. no joke.

Wow, thats really smart. I should try that.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by R0CKER1220
How the hell do you pronounce that band name?

I think that'd sound nice with a slide. . .should try it out eventually. . .

it's just pronounced "sun"
i heart my 1963 epiphone olympic II.
I've tried slides in D D D D D D and it didn't sound that good. It was cool that you had some crazy octaves going, but it doesn't sound nearly as nice as Open tunings.

/first post in MT
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
that tunning surely has very few uses? what would you actually need it for??!
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

Sonic Youth do stuff a little like that sometimes, I believe. I do know that Thruston Moore was in a band where they had like six guitarists, each of whom tuned their whole guitars to one note each, then played insane harmonies. Must've sounded cool.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.