If you've ever heard "Get Up" by James Brown, you know the guitar has some kind of effect, like a distorted wah effect...I don't suppose anybody has any recommendations for that effect? any pedals or something similar?

Thanks.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
I just realized this is in the wrong thread....ah ****assmother****ingsonofabitch.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
could be a phaser
#107 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
I actually don't hear a guitar at all in the song. I hear a clavinet... could that be it? Unless I'm listening to the wrong song... when you said Get Up, I assumed you meant "Get Up Offa That Thing"... James Brown doesn't have a separate song titled just "Get Up", does he?
Because in "Get Up Offa That Thing", the only thing that sounds remotely like a guitar would be the sweetass clavinet part in it. But I don't hear a guitar.
there's also "Get up (I feel like being a sex machine)", which is commonly just called... get up.

But I don't know what effect you're talking about. because the guitar is just played funkily. There's no distortion or wah to my ear. It's just muting with proper playing.

Its because of this and the sound of the clavinet that I assume you are referring to Get up offa that thing.

However all this proves is that The Guitar Dreams needs to buy more James Brown CDs. Couldn't hurt, right? lol

to confirm that what you're thinking of is the clavinet,
think of "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder.
Sound like that?
Clavinet.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!