this is a song i thought of writing when me and my mate were driving through the dodgy part of town, the closest thing wellington has to a red light district, and i also drew inspiration from seeing wh ores while visiting london earlier this year. i felt i had to write something about a red light district, so here 'tis.. also any help with a new name 'the dodgy part of town' isn't great and i havn't thought of anything yet.. so any comments appreciated

btw, the first half of the song is acoustic and the second half is more heavy, it has a little riff thing repeated which sounds a little like 'wish you were here by pink floyd.

here it is..

I'm walking through the dodgy part of town
Late on Friday night
I get a lookout from
More then one bar fight.
A wink gone wrong
Can turn out in catastrophe
With a one night fling
From a long gone prosty

The road glistens red
In the street light glow
I walk away from a beckoning ho
Because everyone in these parts
Is a one night girl
Body like diamond, eyes like pearl.

I take a seat and think
About these girls of the world
Take a snort or a hit of drugs
See how the night unfurls
Icey blue eyes search me
Then I look away
I'm not in trhe mood, hun,
It's just not your day

You thought life would be easy
Handed out on a tray
But you're a no one,
You eat 'cause men pay to lay
These men aren't nothing special
Most have a wife at home
Got a well paying job
They're just looking for a blow

As I wait at a bus stop
And watch the flashing lights
My bus pulls up
And i leave the girls of the night
Go towards the city lights,
Pull a spoon out of my mouth
The metal gleams silver
As I drive away from the South
Last edited by supaman_63 at Sep 20, 2006,
i like this song a lot

it envokes a lot of imagery, i get a very dark feeling from it right from the beginning. and it carries throughout. I like the details about the everynight girl "body like a diamond, eyes like pearl.

I think if i could change anything about it i would just center it around a more concrete idea, like a more specified version i guess, because right as soon as you get hold of an idea it goes away. I understand what you were doing with the way you wrote it though.
"The lightbrites now black and white cuz you took apart a picture that wasnt right"

#1 Member of Incubus fan Club, PM Tron8936 to join
the chorus is just the little guitar bit, i can tab it out if people want it but haven't really had the time. i thought about a vocal chorus but didnt want to ruin the flow of it... so i went with instrumental

cheers for the critique
i liked it. nice use of detail. the ryhming is a little odd and out of beat, but i guess it depends on how it's sung. nice job.
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.