Page 1 of 2
Ehhhh, I didn't really like 'em. I played one and I wasn't too impressed. It sounded like it MIGHT have had a busted tube.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Mehhhhh. Tried one in a bit of a hurry, but I spent about 5 minutes on one. Couldn't get a sound I liked out of it. Granted, the guitar I was using had Carvin pups, which blow, but still, I didn't find the amp impressive. Maybe if I actually sit down with one and play for an hour or two. . .

But as for now, nope.
I wish I could play one...

Maybe I'l just get an Uberschall
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

uh the'ye not bad, but they dont have a very responsive eq... i like my X-100b much better, and you can find one of those easy on ebay, or try th V3 which is way versitle
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
It depends a bit on the music you play but the most liked Carvin amp is the MTS3200.

What sort of music do you play? For the $1000 you'll pay for a new Legacy there are some solid other options.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
The clean channel is honestly the best I've ever heard (yes Fender Twin, you suck in comparison)

HOWEVER: The lead channel has a very distictive voicing. If you like it, great. But if you don't, look elsewhere.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
ive played them, good amp but the X-100b did sound better to me and i believe the legacey is based upon it, also carvin pickups are pretty good, ive played a few california customs and they had really nice warm responsive pickups, i was playing pentonic scales forever with them and switched to the neck pickup and did some octave jazz stuff and sounded great through a marshall dsl combo
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I hate Carvin Pickups, I bought an Uberschall instead.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

haha I'm kidding...no uber, atleast not yet

I actually decided to give in and play in my friends band, all great musicians, I guess you could call it a hardcore band, I dunno, they're good, it's catchy and fun.

So yeah, I get to go amp shopping

(Trust me, im still all blues jazz and funk )
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The Legacy sounds awesome, it's hard to get a wide range tones from it without pedals, like one guy said it has a very distinct voicing. Basically it's chocked full of tone, sounds beautiful, great for sustain, but it sounds like vai alot of the time unless you use pedals to modify the tone. I love vai's tone, so that'd just be more reason for me to buy one. Reliability is supposed to be suspect, but I only played one, don't own one, so I can't comment.
input jacks get loose easy, and they tend to crap out after a few years ( my fellow guitarist had one )
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
input jacks get loose easy, and they tend to crap out after a few years ( my fellow guitarist had one )

Those can be replaced fairly easily though.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yeah but what a pain in the ass!!! plus if you screw with it you void any warrenty, which double sucks. Which is why my buddy sold it and switched to a fender performer, which is a hybrid that sounds more ss than anything.

Still the legacy isnt nearly as versitle as say a V3 or a mesa mark IV or Carvin X-100B
Mail Goes here.

I've built amps, I have no problem with switching a an imput jack in and out.

Im waiting on the amp, Il find something I really want.

Maybe a 5150 for cheap.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I would go with a Mark IV if I were in your boat, good for hardcore and it would give you a different flavor for blues/jazz if you ever wanted.
I have all the flavor for blues and jazz I need

and I hate mesa's, so don't even bother trying to sell em, I've played em all, and they don't do it for me.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10
and I hate mesa's, so don't even bother trying to sell em, I've played em all, and they don't do it for me.

Will you have my children?
Quote by Archeo Avis
Will you have my children?

yes m'am
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

^nuts.........

You have a Fuchs and now you're reviewing a Legacy ??

Wow, I never that was possible ??

Anyways, the Legacy I tried sounded pretty big, *which is good*.........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Since a Fuchs and a Legacy sound the same..

I have expensive amps and cheap amps, I still play my Champ and Blues Junior a lot.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

^No they aren't !!!

Anyways the Legacy is some sorta................ poor man's Bogner XTC101B.......

Keep the faith, baby!!
I know, that was my point...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

What was ?? The Highend lowend amp abuse ?? The similarity between Carvin and Andy Fuchs ??

Oh yeah, what's chicken pickin ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Um, the Fuchs is a little different then the Carvin...

that was my point

Your annoying
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

carl,
the legacy has a very organic, vai ish gain about it..agressive but its tamed. vey nice tome IMO.
Yeah, Im interested and might check it out, if I can get a deal on it I might get one.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I should also mention that Legacy cleans make Fender cleans sound like Krank cleans.

Yeah. That's right.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I should also mention that Legacy cleans make Fender cleans sound like Krank cleans.

Yeah. That's right.

I'm really confused by that...
Quote by El Codyo
I would go with a Mark IV if I were in your boat, good for hardcore and it would give you a different flavor for blues/jazz if you ever wanted.

+1
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I'm really confused by that...

The Legacy has a better clean channel than Fender.....which is really saying something.
No it doesn't

I got to play one today and their cleans are voiced completely differen't

That's like saying the Vox AC30 cleans are better, no they're just both good...

Il stick with my Two Rock for clean
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Dude, sorry for annoying you and stuff...

But, what other BOUTIQUE amps do you have ??

Two Rock, Fuchs................... and what's chickin picking ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
That's all, I have my handwired JTM45 too, I had a Budda for like a day It was flipped and it's going towards a Victoria Model 35210 T which is a boutique clone of the old fender Super's....

Chickin picking, think country...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by dertjoe
ive played them, good amp but the X-100b did sound better to me and i believe the legacey is based upon it, also carvin pickups are pretty good, ive played a few california customs and they had really nice warm responsive pickups, i was playing pentonic scales forever with them and switched to the neck pickup and did some octave jazz stuff and sounded great through a marshall dsl combo

Are you old or rich? lol. Geez you got a lot of stuff
"ya see baseball got it all wrong...a man with four balls can't walk"
Me?

I work hard, I wait for deals, I dont spend money on anything else...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

How old are you............ Can you do Allan Holdsworth stuff ??

Sorry man, but, I read all the lessons on chicken pickin but still couldn't understand it, heck the Hopscotch was an easier lesson!!!

I heard Zakk Wylde used this poultry pickin technique................... and I like Zakk !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
18, I've tried some holdsworth stuff, I was/am fascinated with Dimeola and John Mclaughlin...I've been working on my classical chops as well.
Jazz is fun, love playing the blues...
Holdsworth is good, but never got into him as much...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Page 1 of 2