Recently when my band jams my drummer says that he cannot hear my guitar amp. I turn it up, but I get horrible feedback...

Anyways to lessen the feedback, make it louder (will closing the back help?), and is there anyway to mod it and put another 12 inch in there?

By putting in another 12 inch would it make it louder? I was gonna maybe take it apart, take off the front, cut a new one with staggered holes? How would I wire them, I don't think it would work but im just trying out suggestions here. Could I wire the amp out to a cabinet? (its a spider 112).

Dont tell me to buy a new amp either, thats not what im asking for.
What amp do you have? You honestly should be able to hear it over the drums if turned up enough. Feedback can be a pain to dismantle but usually standing in certain spots of a room and turning the volume on your guitar down to about 80-90% helps.
mmmk.
another speaker wouldnt do ne thing at all- it doesnt increase the volume- you need to increase the wattage of you r amp some how- its probably easier to buy another one bro, srry
ya, I'm pretty sure the it has a line-out on the back so you can buy a cabinet and just attach it
with that
Quote by jbritz22
Recently when my band jams my drummer says that he cannot hear my guitar amp. I turn it up, but I get horrible feedback...

Anyways to lessen the feedback, make it louder (will closing the back help?), and is there anyway to mod it and put another 12 inch in there?

By putting in another 12 inch would it make it louder? I was gonna maybe take it apart, take off the front, cut a new one with staggered holes? How would I wire them, I don't think it would work but im just trying out suggestions here. Could I wire the amp out to a cabinet? (its a spider 112).

Dont tell me to buy a new amp either, thats not what im asking for.

Is the drummer not being able to hear the amp the only problem? I play loud, and half the times, the drummer can't hear me either. One thing you gotta realize is that the way you sound on stage, 99 percent of the time is completely different off stage. That's why we use monitors.
Quote by Hotsaucelover
ya, I'm pretty sure the it has a line-out on the back so you can buy a cabinet and just attach it
with that

A line out isn't gonna help at all...

Sorry dude, I know you don't wanna hear this, but sometimes you gotta face the fact and admit that you need a new amp. Another speaker won't help much except for distribution.

And plus, that is a really ****ty amp.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Turn up loud and mess with the tone knob a bit and stand in different spots. That's what i used to do, turn the volume on ur guitar down to like 8/10 and the tone to like 5/10 It wont sound as good but it'll work. You should invest in a new amp anyways, expecially if you and your drummer get more serious and want to start gigging.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Yeah, I was looking at a mesa boogie, but they are EXPENSIVE....

Anything else under 1000 bucks in the half stack range? Or should I just save up and get a boogie?
Get whatever you want, as long as you go valve. Just play loads of amps and buy the one you like.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30