Ok so more and more I see these dumb friggen kids with their green day, avenged sevenfold, and thursday shirts and cant help but scream at the top of my lungs "I HATE EMO!!!" All the true to the core, hardcore, **** you punks are dying out and it sucks major butt. All these new kids who are in some f*****g scene or group and say their punk rock. It pisses me off. You could ask anyone of those pussy mofo's about even groups like Oi Polloi and they wouldn't know s***. It pisses me off.
(to threadstarter)
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
punk rock is dead.. and well honestly its probably never comming back.. due to the fact that MOST (not all but most) punk rockers like to bitch about other genres...
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Last edited by ryknow157 at Sep 20, 2006,
You're one of the people who think "The only opinion that is right is your own." Seriously **** off or respect others opinions. You find if you do that people might respect yours.
punk is most def not dead. oh man im with the threadstarter. i agree with the shear ignorance all around us, even on this site. * shakes head
First off. punk is far from dead... If any of you actually knew what you were talkin about youd know about bands such as cheap sex, a global threat, LCB, the krum bums, etc... And emo does suck... I dont go around bashing it in an ignorant manner like the thread poster here, but it is a bunch of crap that its called punk... But then again, punk has always been misunderstood... Just let it go and wait a year or two untill the scene kids find something else to squat on... Also, A7X isnt emo...
Quote by becker009
punk is most def not dead. oh man im with the threadstarter. i agree with the shear ignorance all around us, even on this site. * shakes head

First lets see you name at least 10 (thats a small number) of worldwide punk bands that have made it onto the top 30 on the Billboard charts in the past 10 years..

also i like how your on the band wagon of labeling people according to music genres... maybe they are punk b/c in definition punk is - a set of social and political beliefs, morals, and standards that indicate an absolute rejection of conformity.. sooo by those standars.. emo and scene kids are "punk" due to the fact that they dont conform to ideal ways..
just because someone dresses a certain way doenst mean that they arent another.. thats like saying a clown is a clown and nothing else when in fact he very well could be a highly educated doctor.. hell i listen and PLAY in a metal band but by looking at me you would never be able to tell.. so does that make me not metal?
so who truly is ignorant.. people who accept everyone and know the facts or people who fail to recognize that a "trend" such as punk is a dying breed..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Quote by ryknow157
First lets see you name at least 10 (thats a small number) of worldwide punk bands that have made it onto the top 30 on the Billboard charts in the past 10 years..

also i like how your on the band wagon of labeling people according to music genres... maybe they are punk b/c in definition punk is - a set of social and political beliefs, morals, and standards that indicate an absolute rejection of conformity.. sooo by those standars.. emo and scene kids are "punk" due to the fact that they dont conform to ideal ways..
just because someone dresses a certain way doenst mean that they arent another.. thats like saying a clown is a clown and nothing else when in fact he very well could be a highly educated doctor.. hell i listen and PLAY in a metal band but by looking at me you would never be able to tell.. so does that make me not metal?
so who truly is ignorant.. people who accept everyone and know the facts or people who fail to recognize that a "trend" such as punk is a dying breed..

Nice try. But I don't agree. And I don't think anyone here will.

I know youre not serious by calling out billboard charts are you? Punk being alive isn't the result of a video shown on MTV or played on a radio station. Or selling albums in mass numbers. Its in the heart of the punx here. Punk can't die. It is being carried through the generations and staying strong.

As far as emo. Threadstarter ... we all feel you on some level. I don't think a lot of people consider Avenged emo though. Scene kids ... are waaaay confused is all I will say.
scene kids (the ones that go to shows, but just sit outside talking to their friends) suck. but before you pay out emo, maybe you should actually find out what it is.
every time i go to a concert some dumb-arse jock yells out "****ing emo's" because i wear tighter pants than them. and i'm getting sick of it. and you're one of them.

so basically, **** off.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by ryknow157
punk rock is dead.. and well honestly its probably never comming back..

Bless you, ignorance is a disease and a particularly debilitating one at that. Punk rock is more alive today than it ever was. Just because the bands arent selling their souls for 5 minutes of tv fame doesnt mean they dont exist. The underground punk scene is intimate, passionate, its a community. Its stronger than any other music genre i have ever encountered. Simply because there is no competition, no band is better than the other, the older bands help out new young bands (drongos for europe-punkpalooza for example)

Quote by ryknow157
due to the fact that MOST (not all but most) punk rockers like to bitch about other genres...

I'd like to know where you got that fact from. I tell you what, shut yer mouth and step back from the stereotype. I know punk can be a little closed off from other cultures-simply because of the intimacy and closeness of our own scene, but to say that MOST punks like to bitch about other genres is preposterous, unrealistic, it is a sweeping generalisation that doesnt ring true. Just because one person wants to complain about "emo's"-dont tar us all with the same brush.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Idiot.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>