Does anyone know the settings dat Angus uses??? how does he get that amazing sound?
I'm not sure about the actual eq settings, but the only way you can get that rock crunch is through natural distortion... i'm 100% sure angus' method of grittying up his sound was mainly focused on cranking all his amps, apparently he wouldn't even use a OD or DISTed channel. Just a clean marshall run balls-out in volume did the trick for him.
also, bass at half, and mid and treble all the way up...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
He did use an SG, but if you're trying to sound like him, any reasonably good guitar with humbucking pickups would probably do it, as long as you got the feel and the phrasing right, which is the hard bit you'd probably have to be a bit closer with the amp though, which according to Guitar geek was a Marshall running at half volume, plexi's are pretty expensive too.
Get a humbucking guitar, and a single channel Marshall and you're pretty much there.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You cannot get his tone by just changing the eg settings on your amp. too get anywhere close you will need a marshall jmp. To get his exact tone you will need a vintage strat with Gibson PAFs and that amp ^^. Although their are cheap alternatives that dont get you very close but they do sumthing.

Edit - BTW i forgot to mention you can get a earlier 70s jmp NMV for about 3000 to 4500. so good luck and the guitar should be up there too.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Devon8822
You cannot get his tone by just changing the eg settings on your amp. too get anywhere close you will need a marshall jmp. To get his exact tone you will need a vintage strat with Gibson PAFs and that amp ^^. Although their are cheap alternatives that dont get you very close but they do sumthing.

Edit - BTW i forgot to mention you can get a earlier 70s jmp NMV for about 3000 to 4500. so good luck and the guitar should be up there too.

Angus only used SG's (he and Maclom shared a Tele as backup in the early days)!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009