Ey, for my music assignment for this year i need to perform a solo that will last 3+minutes.
Last year i did Aneathasia,Black Betty and that Flea solo together to make it long enough.
Now this year i cant find any bass songs to play.

Does anyone know of any good bass solos that would be good to perform.

Thanks,
NIB- Black Sabbath
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
"Dragon Attack" by Queen has a solid thirty second solo in the key of D (and a lot of the non-solo bass work in the song still sounds great on its own). You might also look at some jazz stuff - like Jaco Pastorius's version of "Donna Lee". Victor Wooten has written a lot of solo material, and you could bust out the opening lines to Stu Hamm's tapping version of Moonlight Sonata.
Schecter Custom 4
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Classical Acoustic
Some flecktones would have too be good (Victor Wooten) or some Primus or Cornel Claypools Bucket of Bernie Brains (Claypool) Or some Stanley Clark
Do the Stu Hamm solo, with Love Than, Moonlight Sonata and then Country music. you will be worshipped.
What about Metallica - Orion? theres alot of lead bass... You could mix the lead parts in together!?!?

Also Nirvana - Love Buzz, thats very easy, awesome bass solo!
Quote by Applehead
Do the Stu Hamm solo, with Love Than, Moonlight Sonata and then Country music. you will be worshipped.

I agree. So much fun.

Can you improvise? If so I suggests you improve a solo for the alotted amount of time. Much easier.
You could start it off with Stu Hamm's Star Spangled Banner and then move into Country Music as a medley.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
i think you should pull out all stops and perform Portrait Of Tracy-Jaco Pastorious.. I'm quite positive you'll drop jaws
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Quote by SaXXoN
Learn Birdland

not the most impressive wether report song IMO.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Stomping Grounds by Victor Wooten isn't too hard either

i second that, very fun song to play.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by pink chili
i think you should pull out all stops and perform Portrait Of Tracy-Jaco Pastorious.. I'm quite positive you'll drop jaws

Damn that would impress the s**t out of me for sure--.
Quote by pink chili

Now that's what I call fun. (I'll back it up if you really want me to.)

I still suggest you improvise. Or for kicks you could do a 'generic bass theme song' solo. With Seinfeld, Pink Panther, and other tv song basslines. Hilarious.
+ 1 on portrait of tracy... beautiful song. everyone should and would appreciate it.

maybe if you got the chops go for classical thump, or maybe sth a bit easier like amazing grace by victor wooten
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dune tune by level 42 is pretty easy but sounds cool with all the polypohnic sections
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Bach - Toccata and Fugue. Not the whole thing, just a lot of the fugue stuff like 2 minutes in. But play the arpeggios with a tapping technique instead of finger picking. Just trying to help out.
Quote by thealmightyRIS
Bach - Toccata and Fugue. Not the whole thing, just a lot of the fugue stuff like 2 minutes in. But play the arpeggios with a tapping technique instead of finger picking. Just trying to help out.

I've just looked at Fugue... I'm gonna guitar tab pro a bass transcription for anyone who'll want it, it's a beautiful piece.
Moonlight Sonata! who dont like that!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!