I have $1200 USD. I was wondering what kind of amp to get, I wanted the 5150/6505 for a while but it doesnt have a clean channel so I dont know If I want it anymore. I play mostly metal like old metallica, old megadeth, iron maiden, black sabbath, and some newer metal like god forbid, lamb of god, etc. EDIT: I also play some stuff like white stripes, Ok go, and the shins. Please give me some suggestions to a combo that I can get that suits my playing styles and is in my price range, I want it to be tube also. thanks in advance.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Sep 22, 2006,
yanno, if u roll the volume knob on ur guitar down to almost nothing, u'll have a clean sound even on a distortion channel!

used by ratm in born of a broken man.... try it... 6505 is awesome... i highly recommend it!
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson RR1
ESP Eclipse w/EMG Z.W.set
----
Boss GT-8
Digitech Whammy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
----
Marshall AVT Stack
Crate PowerBlock - used for DI'ing
How are Laney amps?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by Pants99
How are Laney amps?

They're pretty good, but what are you going to use that amp for?
I don't think you should get a halfstack because:
You're not going to get a good one at $1200 (I doubt it will be tube either).
There are a lot of good tube combos in your price range. Try those.
Sent from my iPad.
Ok, so tell me some good tube combos for what I want in my price range please.
Here are some popular ones I've found in MF
Fender® 65 Twin Reverb Amp
Vox AC30CC2 30W 2x12 Custom Classic Combo
Fender® Twin Amp 100-Watt All-Tube Guitar Amp
Fender® 59 Bassman
Fender® 65 Twin Custom 15 Combo Amp
Peavey 6505 212 Combo 2x12 Guitar Amp

Mainly Fenders and Vox have an edge with Tube Combos (IMO). I'm not a fan of Marshall Combos. There are a lot out there, though. You can get some for cheaper than $1,200 and spend the remaining on effects pedals.
Sent from my iPad.
Thanks, but I think I want a heavier sound than fender can give. How are Krank amps? Or are there any other brands you would reccomend?
Don't know much about the Randall, the Vox wouldn't really suit your styles (It's really a Classic Rock and Blues kinda amp) But the Ashdown and Peavey both have a pretty good reputation around here for being good, reasonably priced, High Gain amps
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Vox wont work for you. Fender wont either. Krank is overpriced and terrible. The Peavey is good though i suggset you stick with that.
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90