Hey everyone. Ok so heres the deal. My dad got a job in a different state and my parents are willing to bribe me with a new guitar if i go. I was planning on getting a standard mexi strat anyway, but now, intstead, im gonna give them the money i have saved, and they will pay for the remainder of the guitar i would like. Im very interested in the 60s strat (mexico) because John frusciante plays a 62 strat, but i would just like to know your opinions on the 50s, 60s, and 70s strats

edit: also, if you think any other strats are better that are in the same pricerange, please tell me about it.

peace out
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Look around to see if you can find any Japanese Fender Strats.

The 50's and 60's Strats are really nice, try them out. I've not tried a 70's one, but I'm not a fan of how they look.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Go MIJ. Where in Australia are you? If in melbourne, or going to melbourne

www.musicswopshop.com.au

Bunch of MIJ's there that all play well. Just went today

In fact, you could pick up a MIJ 62 RI cheaper than buying a 50/60/70's classic.
Whats the difference between a 50s,60s,and a 70s?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
These look great, I own an american standard strat and have always thought the deluxe series (made in mexico) were a much better deal, they play awesome, sound great, and look oh so sexy . If you don't like the honey blonde, click the view more pics button and check out the sapphire blue and crimson red, the grain shows really nicely on those.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597
Last edited by 1fine69 at Sep 20, 2006,
I had a 70's Strat. I got it used. Very good guitars though.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
check out the jimmy vaughan strat....i just got one and love it, it has tex-mex pu's and one of the tone controls is wired to the bridge pick-up which makes it a lot more useful, at least for me...i also love the neck on it.