Ive found many guides on how to do cool moves like dive bombs on a floyd, but I cant seem to find any on strat trems. Does any one have some advice on how to do like divebombs, ghost notes, and other cool tricks on it?
Well since the strat is more of a blue's type guitar, normally you wouldnt do things like divebombs. The trem is mostly used for vibratos, lightly pushing and relseasing the trem arm numerous times in a row.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
it's more of a decoration, unless of course you wanna **** up your guitar, then you can do all kinds of things.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Dive, let the strings flap around and pick a harmonic at 5th or 7th fret, then gently release the arm. Just like the Dimebag lesson, only that you cant pull up to go wilder. You could also do it at any fret position if you have enough distortion/gain and if you have the proper pickups to do it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Dive, let the strings flap around and pick a harmonic at 5th or 7th fret, then gently release the arm. Just like the Dimebag lesson, only that you cant pull up to go wilder. You could also do it at any fret position if you have enough distortion/gain and if you have the proper pickups to do it.

On a strat? NOooo....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I tried the dimebag on my squier strat, doesnt work, the best you can do is just smash it down around and everywhere, thats what i did, but it screws your strings
Quote by MetalMilitia212
don't try that. I snapped my trem on my squier doing that

I think we've found the problem.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
I think we've found the problem.

lol, Actually think it was because I tried playing the solo to Raining Blood by Slayer, not because it was a **** guitar.
Dickless.
Darn. I was hoping the strat trem would be able to do atleast some of the stuff. What about installing a floyd on a strat? good idea or bad?
Quote by ManEatingTree
Darn. I was hoping the strat trem would be able to do atleast some of the stuff. What about installing a floyd on a strat? good idea or bad?

Would have to re route guitar and alot of other non sence.

And you can do some of that stuff just not as good as you could with locking trems.
I know a good strat tremolo technique, i think its called , putting the guitar out of tune
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Eldiablo30x6
Well since the strat is more of a blue's type guitar, normally you wouldnt do things like divebombs. The trem is mostly used for vibratos, lightly pushing and relseasing the trem arm numerous times in a row.

Say that to Jimi Hendrix, he'd kill you with his righthanded guitar, and rip your tongue out with a flaccid penis.

Quote by ScottishAngus
I know a good strat tremolo technique, i think its called , putting the guitar out of tune

Really, after reading some post I think the tremolo on mine must suck. I have a MIA Strat that I bought new in 1999, and I only used the tremolo a couple times because everytime I did it fell out of tune.
I don't understand why everyone complains about the strat whammy's making them go out of tune. On my friend's MIA, I seriously I abused it just to see how much I could put it out of tune (just used the whammy non stop for about 2-3 min) and the tuning was near perfect afterwards.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Coincidentally, I'm in the same boat as you!
I have a fat strat (HSS) with a traditional trem.
What I did was get locking tuners (Planet Waves). They help quite a bit, even when divebombing!
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
Quote by Bob77tambourine
Would have to re route guitar and alot of other non sence.

And you can do some of that stuff just not as good as you could with locking trems.

ya, probly isnt worth messing around with.

Maybe a pedal to get the nice wah-wah effects? Any thing thats recomended that isnt to expensive?
Quote by Viruk
I don't understand why everyone complains about the strat whammy's making them go out of tune. On my friend's MIA, I seriously I abused it just to see how much I could put it out of tune (just used the whammy non stop for about 2-3 min) and the tuning was near perfect afterwards.

That why I was saying there must be something wrong with mine. I have read several threads on this board talking about how good the tremolo system is on the strats.
Quote by ManEatingTree

If you got the money, go for it. A floyd will help your guitar stay in tune, and allow you to do those divebombs without fear of breaking a string.
I've used strat style trems (saving up for a strat) and yes if you go crazy you will put the guitar out of tune (I once broke a trem bar on my POS strat copy) but if you do it within limits it works quite well. I would suggest tightening the springs in the back so it lies flat. You cant pull up but you can do dives (just dont go down to far) maybe 2-3 whole steps. I would think real strat trems are a little better. I dont use a whammy bar much.
Quote by ManEatingTree

Get a fender FR strat....crap trem, but better than standard in terms of dive depth
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
the greatest use of the strat trem ive seen so far: http://youtube.com/watch?v=s4nA_-PxeIo
enjoy the song, and try not to orgasm during the second solo when gilmour makes that ridonkulously beautiful sound with (i think) harmonics/or fretted notes and his trem. that is what i call pure narcotic.
Quote by ScottishAngus

i use my strats trem for dive bombs, quivers and squeels, stays in tune as well as my jem, if not better.

the answer: 2 point american trem, graph. nut and lube.