helloooooo, i apoligise because i understand that theres probs loads of people askin the same thing but..ive been playing me electric guitar for about 2 years now and ive just started listening to the likes of jack johnson and ryan adams etc and want a acoustic guitar, which is relativley cheap and good, but to me they all look the same, so could u people pleae suggest some to me, be very greatful
thanks
Hopefully you'll have at least $200 to spend, in which case you can look at the Yamaha FG700, the Washburn D10S, and the Alvarez RD20S, which all have solid tops on them. The solid tops resonate better, and capture the characteristics of the wood better than laminates do. As you play more, and as time goes on, the solid tops will age and sound better. Your best bet is to check out the sticky at the top of the page that says "Best guitars for under $300." Its a very good place to start.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Yeah, definietly check out the $300 thread...guitars a little more expensive there I believe, but 150 pounds is almost $300.

Gear:
I am a big fan of Seagull guitars. The S6 sounds and plays amazing. Hand Made, solid wood guitar. The S6 Cedar is one great guitar. I have a couple and people ALWAYS state how much they love the sound even compared to the higher end guitars out there. Check them out you will be happy you did.
^-- the S6 isn't hand made nor is it a solid wood guitar.... the back and sides are laminate.

correct me if i'm wrong here, but i don't think i am. i'm pretty certain that all of the guitars in the S series have laminate back and sides.
^ The S series has laminate wild cherry for its back and sides. Still a great guitar, but a little out of the price range provided.

Gear:
i agree that they are great guitars... i was just saying that they aren't hand made and they aren't solid wood
LOL, I knew what you meant.

Gear:
I would suggest looking into a used guitar .. as someone mentioned, the Seagull guitars are GREAT. Solid top, a little wider fretboard (good for finger picking), and a very nice tone. At least, the ones I've played have been all that. If you're buying used be sure to bring someone knowledgeable along so you don't get ripped off. Ask whether the guitar has had any repairs, re-finishes, etc. Get all the information you can, and PLAY all the guitars you can. Everyone prefers a different sound, everyone has a different style. But as has been pointed out, definitely look through the $300 thread. Great advice in there.
if your used to playing an electric you would probably want a cutaway on the guitar. very useful. check out Corts acoustic line. my parkwood is an amazing guitar but probably more expensive than you are thinking at 1200$ But my brothers cort was only 350, came with a plug in, fishman pre amp and built in chromatic tuner(sweet, especially for different tunings) and a cut away and all solid wood. give em a try out