Ok, I feel very n00by, but anyways. I'm looking forward to getting a pedal soon. I'm tired of built in distortion :P I want a pedal that has a very chunky low end. Best example would be the System Of A Down "Toxicity" Album and "Steal This Album!" sound. That's the best example. I was researching the Boss MT-2 which does have quite some critique (no low end chunk). It shouldn't be too expensive. Thanks guys!!
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
i get good system sounds out of my mt-2, prepare to get alot of people here saying it sucks. its a good pedal imo
I haven't tried out the MT-2 myself but I've mostly heard good things about it. If not, try to find an Ibanez SM7 Smashbox. I have one and I like it alot, with its built-in noisegate and more gain, low-end and screaming highs than you'll ever need.
I hae a smash box I dont use!! Its a great little pedal for that type of stuff but its got too much background noise even with the gate. A good pedal to put in front of a great SS amp, like a JC-120 or A fairly good one like an FM212R or something...in front of my little fender practice a,p it sounded good but not in front of my tbue carvin...

Also look into the landmine... its pretty ballsy or if youve got the patients, a metl master by digitech, i used to own one and it was an insane dist, with great eq and a useful sweep controll, but it had no dist level knob which is why i traded it for the smash box..and achorus pedal.

Also try looking into maybe using two overdrive pedals like a BD-2 and a SD-1 or a BD-2 and an OS-2??
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
im assuming your just gonna use it for bedroom use..i would suggest that..but if ur lookin for something to gig with, no metal pedal will get the sound of tubes being pushed...metal zones sound horrible for band practice..or anything else of that nature..
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by gaudymob
i get good system sounds out of my mt-2, prepare to get alot of people here saying it sucks. its a good pedal imo

No, it's not a good pedal. It's harsh, cold, and lifeless.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by frank694
im assuming your just gonna use it for bedroom use..i would suggest that..but if ur lookin for something to gig with, no metal pedal will get the sound of tubes being pushed...metal zones sound horrible for band practice..or anything else of that nature..

So are you suggesting to get a tube amp? I have an Ibanez ToneBlaster 50 watt. It has "good" distortion, but i just need something fuller... I usually guess one would mic the amp to the PA onstage :P I'm not an expert.
Ok Yeah mic the amp, and if you have a tube amp, use an od pedal or two..!!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
well, yeah youre not going to get tube distortion, but SOAD doesnt use tube amps (at least not live), you can get a pretty good low chunk with with an EH Metal Muff, and it actually sounds good with other instruments and live, go try one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well, yeah youre not going to get tube distortion, but SOAD doesnt use tube amps (at least not live), you can get a pretty good low chunk with with an EH Metal Muff, and it actually sounds good with other instruments and live, go try one.

they dont??
Yeah, but I'd like to see someone who only has the money for a pedal to come up with the money for one of those amps.

I reccomend the Digitech Distortion Factory, they have a great array of distortion simulations and one of the best metal distortions I've heard in a stompbox.
Wow you're guyses help is really good ^^ I actually own guitarrig, although guitar geek dot com doesnt seem to have any Malakian presets...hmm.
Quote by epiguitar77
they dont??

every pic ive seen of them live Malakian is using a marshall Mode Four, which is a hybrid, and sounds a lot like a solid state.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
every pic ive seen of them live Malakian is using a marshall Mode Four, which is a hybrid, and sounds a lot like a solid state.

they seem to use a ****load of different amps (not just by the guitargeek page) every concert i've seen them at it's a different amp. Ive seen em with vox amps as well as the marshalls.

Remember a lot of soads sound is in the fact that they use drop tuning on a guitar tuned down a step. also daron malakian's live gear is very diff to his recording gear.
Marty
Daron uses distortion from his amplifiers.

I know he has a Fulltone Clyde Wah pedal though
I think there is a Line 6 Dl-4 Delay Looper/Modeler
And or course, channel/fx loop switch.

That's my guess.
Their guitarist uses a Boss metalzone MT-2 pedal which costs around 87dollars and a FullTone Clyde Wah Wah Pedal and idk if it matters to you but also a Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler Looper pedal, also can anyone help me find out where to find pedal settings to play chop suey?...I've been searching for a week

My Name Is Rooster McFarlin, and I'm a TV Remote...