So Albert is comming out with a solo album in Uk call Yours to Keep, after hearing some tracks on Myspace I realized just how big Albert's part is in the strokes, he deserve credits for basically comming up with the strokes sound. It there any way to get that album in canada?
link link link?????
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
http://myspace.com/alberthammondjr

I'm just waiting to hear "In Transit" (a fantastic 'demo' instrumental of it was used in the band DVD a few years back, and it's great).

But anyways, his voice is actually pretty good. The songs are simple but good, stripped down and personal. And despite what you may have heard, it really sounds nothing like The Strokes.
he really does sound like julian

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
he really does sound like julian

Doesnt Julian sing on it? I read somewhere that he guest sang on the album. I suppose that would rather make it 'sound like Julian'
Quote by shmooty
Doesnt Julian sing on it? I read somewhere that he guest sang on the album. I suppose that would rather make it 'sound like Julian'

not on all 3 songs on the page though. haha

and if he did, the twats

Quote by metaldud536

You can hear Julian at the very end of Scared, with the big chorus (it's a bit hard to pinpoint, but it's definitely him).

And I really don't see how Albert sounds anything like Julian o_O
Quote by shmooty

Quote by MySpace
"Yours To Keep" was recorded at New York's Electric Ladyland Studios, LoHo Studios, and Cabin In The City with Hammond, Jr. as guitarist and vocalist together with Josh Lattanzi on bass and Matt Romano on drums.

That basic trio has been augmented on various tracks by Julian Casablancas, Jody Porter (Fountains of Wayne), Ben Kweller, Sean Lennon, Chris Feinstein, Mikki James, Sammy James Jr. (The Mooney Suzuki) and Ryan Gentles.

if only i could hear songs on MySpace...
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i don't think you can tell from that how big a part he plays in the strokes because at the same time he id certainly influenced by his own band's music. julian writes every song for them, he really is the center of the band without a doubt. but i shall check this out since the strokes rule.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
he had that song 'obstinate' at the end of the in transit DVD which is pretty awesome. I always thought it was wierd how a lot of people seem to see Valensi as the lead guitarist. I'll definitely by the album just based on the awesomeness of Albert.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
there really good songs actualy i thought it was really nick and julian who were the main heart beat of the strokes but obvioulsy albert is a very talented musician
Quote by bobby_zman
he had that song 'obstinate' at the end of the in transit DVD which is pretty awesome. I always thought it was wierd how a lot of people seem to see Valensi as the lead guitarist. I'll definitely by the album just based on the awesomeness of Albert.

Yeah, that song was great (it was actually called In Transit and it'll be on the record). The song Everyone Gets a Star is also in that movie, during the beggining credits.

There's also an article out (I think NME?), that says some pretty interesting stuff: The songs were written over 3 years of Strokes tours, and the track listing goes in order of recording improvement (first track in Albert's friends bedroom, last in Electric Ladyland studios). He actually suggested the songs to the band, but they turned them down, such as the song In Transit (which was written especially for that). Also, a second album has already been written and recording is already underway.
The whole album can be streamed at NME.com.

A lot of people are having trouble getting the streaming to work, so be warned.

My opinion? Really ****ing good. Seriously.
^You got a link to that, I couldn't find it.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
dang, can't stream from there either.

If anyone has any of the songs downloaded, could you upload them with yousendit or megaupload and PM me the link.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez