Is there any software which will give me distortion for my guitar on the computer? I mean I connect my guitar to the computer and it gives me distortion.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
you need a guitar port (via USB f.e.)
and there you'll have some software
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
you dont need a guitar port, you can plug your computer directly into your soundcard, and once you figure out how to getthe sound inputs you can use a few different programs, Izotope Trash is really good buy you need a host for it, if you dont want to bother with a VST host you can get Amplitube live that works well too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter and plug one end of your lead in the guitar and the other into the Line-in socket on your computer (should be blue)

good softwares like guitar fxbox, Native Instruments etc all give good effects
i have yet to find a software based distortion that i really like. ive tried a couple, and they never really seem to get the sound im after. yes, it is possible to do, but it doesnt sound as good as even just my DS-1. aside from the programs mentioned before, you can try Fruity Loops and GT player for programs that have a distortion effect.
GT player? Whats the fullform for that?
Quote by hendo123456789
Native Instruments Guitar Rig is a full featured Multi FX system, U need a fairly powerful PC to run it successfully though!
Last edited by Coipu at Sep 21, 2006,
Quote by invincibleneo
GT player? Whats the fullform for that?

i dont think there is a full from. heres the website if you want to check it out:
http://www.dsound1.com/products/index_en.htm
its kinda nice because the effects actually look like stompboxes, so are easy to control. unfortunatly, none of them sound that great and the distortion is basicly useless IMO.
You still need to plug into something besides onboard sound, be it a seperate sound card or an interface (usb or firewire), otherwise it will use up almost all of your cpu power = very very slow. Guitar rig is ok, amplitube is a bit better IMO
Im unable to find amplitube at my regular download locations!
Quote by hendo123456789
I have a cube 30

Can i do this:

Plug guitar into input of cube
phones/out from cube into computer
computer has effects jizz
computer to aux in of cube
Quote by invincibleneo
Im unable to find amplitube at my regular download locations!

pay for it. dont just download everything from illegal sources. im sure youd be able to find it if you were actually willing to pay for it.
I got a debit card, these sites usually only prefer credit cards. Wht shd I do?
Quote by hendo123456789
i use my debit card like a credit card all the time. i dont know if all do the same thing, so you might want to check with your bank/card issuer to see if you can use it online. i would assume that you can, but obviously check first. or you can borrow a family members credit card and just write them a check for the ammount they put on their card. or some of this stuff is sold in stores, so you might find it at your local guitar store (if its a decent sized shop). lots of options for this stuff.
well i don think ur well acquainted with popular websites. The reason I said this is because some sites only accept credit cards. Lets see If i can use other options.
Quote by hendo123456789