Heya guys, Madpickin, I have a question or two more. First off, how much space should be between the nails in the back of my guitar, te onces holding the spring plate, and the wood of the guitar? I've got about 3/4 of a cm. Secondly, how can I get rid of the fret buzz on my high e string? It buzzes BADLY on the first fret, and ABIT on the second. And to madpickin if you see this, how do I get my bridge to go down abit more? the spring change made it go down significantly, but it stills need ABIT more.

Thanks!

-Steve
Turn the screws on the back, then buy a new nut and install it to fix the high e buzzing (if it still is). It doesn't sound like an action problem to me.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
No no, the back problem was regarding another thread on another forum, the problem was the bridge was taking a nose dive, it was angled, and I changed the spring formation so it was like /|\ instead of | | |. When I did that, it was still angled ABIT, so I was wondering if I should screw in the screws at the back more, but I only have about 3/4 of a cm before the head of the screws would touch the wood. As for the buzzing, the screw behind the nut? or the screws on the body of the guitar beneath the bottom of the neck? Thanks.
Ok what you should do with the springs is add a fourth spring to the set, and make them like ||(space)||, but screw the screws out a bit (not all the way out) before you put the extra spring in.

Do you have a locking nut? Cause if you do, then you'll probably just have to live with the high e buzzing.
Yeah, a locking tremolo. I'm buying a new guitar really soon, but I need to play something for the time being. So I'll just try to get this guitar off my hands as soon as I can. The high e buzzing comes and goes ... It's really weird ... and as for my bridge, whenever I tune it, the bridge raises higher and higher, and the tune goes lower again. Does this happen because the springs are stretched? Thanks

-Steve
As far as tuning goes, just follow the guide i gave ya. For the springs, did you get a new one? or issit still the old one? coz i think its overstretched, with a gauge like that it shouldnt go out of whack so easily. And about the trem claw screws, its not good to screw it full inside, it might crack the inner side, coz the threads are wood.

For buzzing, just raise your action

EDIT: One way of seeing that your springs are horribly overstretched is to take them out and see whether it goes back to its original form.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
add more springs, or was he full already?

and madpick is my hero.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Its 3 springs on 9/10 gauge, which shouldnt be a problem coz last time i set mine on 10s, the 3 springs still have room. Or it could be this, TS, your spring is probably longer, in this case you'd need to add another one.

Quote by jj1565
add more springs, or was he full already?

and madpick is my hero.

be my heroin?

Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Ok, cool, and yes, the springs are the old ones which are probaly over stretched. When I do switch string gauges, how much of a variation can I make, it terms of having used 10 as high e for ever, and switching to a 9 or 11. Is it bad to go up and ok to go down?
Thanks alot mad

-Steve
as long as u know how to readjust the bridge to compensate for the heavier or thinner gauge, u can change it no problem.

a jump in two gauges would probably noticeably change the neck angle too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ what she said, and dont always contantly change the gauges too much coz you dont want to be adjusting the 2 claw's screw too often. The threads are naked wood so they could wear off.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
So is it alright to switch between 10 and 9's? But 9 to 11 is too harsh?
Quote by Steve.T
So is it alright to switch between 10 and 9's? But 9 to 11 is too harsh?

9 to 11 isnt "too" harsh, its just that you might need to make some minute adjustments to your bridge or neck. Also, what kind of guitar do you have, coz if it has an LFR of some lower-end then i wouldnt recommend you getting 11s at all (10s too). The knife edges will wear off easier that it would on 9s or hybrid strings. You could try it on 10 but your trem will be much stiffer (not on higher end trems).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Hey, currently I have an RG 307DX but I'm selling it VERY soon, I ordered a JS1200 and it came in the other day, I'm going to pick it up today possibly. So with this JS1200, which gauges can I switch between? And what "minute changes" would I have to do? Thanks

-Steve
Oh sweet, JS1200. The Edge Pro is very nice, you could fit 10s or 11s in this one but the trem'd be stiff if you use standard tuning on 11s. What gauge are you most comfortable with and what do you want to be fit in your JS1200. The stock strings on those are D'addario 9s.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I got the JS1200! DROOL! And yes, I love the 9-42 gauge, I will not be messing around with any other gauges, thanks for all your help man, anything that goes wrong with this guitar will go to the repair shop, not going risk screwing this one up.
Thanks for all your help in the past man, and I got new springs for my old guitar, he have em to me free for buying this guitar :P Take care man, peace!

-Steve
Being subscribed to this thread was like watching a sad story unfold before my eyes.

Except the only reason it's sad is because I'm sad that I don't have a JS1200.
glad i could help.

Big congratz on your new 'nez
Thats what she said...
UGmusic