Is there any guides anywhere on how to take off your guitar knobs (Strat knobs that is - 1 Volume, 2 Tone) and how to change your pickguard.

Reason is after chirstmas when I have my Epi LP I want to customize my Blaze Start copy. First stuff is just gonna be simple. Change pickguard to a one I saw in my local store (£25), and buy a Black Tremolo Arm cover, and blue strat volume/x2 tone knobs.
you should be able to just pull the knobs off, or at least thats what I can do with my bass. After taht its unscrewing the pickguard and then replacing it.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
I can keep the pickups in place when I take the pickguard off can't I? And the switch if I have it in the middle?
Changing the pickguard on a strat is uber easy, just take off the knobs (with two fat picks as a wedge) and unscrew the pickguard (you'll have to unscrew the pickup covers, but theres no need to remove the pickups). Also 25 pounds is a ripoff for a pickguard.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Most strats/ strat copies are just on there. If you cant get those suckers off; get a towel, wedge it under the knob to protect your finish (even if it gets scrached it'd be under the knob, but YOU'D KNOW and it may drive you crazy, use the towel) and use a flat head screwdriver to pry it off.
Quote by hamish5178
Also 25 pounds is a ripoff for a pickguard.

It is not a plain colour though, it's like this

But mine will be a different colour.

Anyway, thanks for all the help you've given me, I appreciate it a lot
I've seen pearloids like that for less than 25 Pounds (25$ seems about right). Anyway, for my guitar there're little hex screws holding the knobs in. All I have to do is find an appropriate allen wrench, unscrew the screws, and then pull off the knobs. I suppose you'd realize this when you take a close examination of your knobs.. if your knobs do have screws, there will be screw holes, obviously.

Edit: Here's a good example I just came across http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=K5&CID=GTR/K
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.