I got a tube amp a week ago and I want an overdrive pedal for solo boosts. Im going to be using it on the dirty channel so I don't want one that will make it all fuzzy. I play hard rock and metal. My budget is around $70 and I was thinking about the boss sd-1 but I heard they loose they're crunch after a while. so any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks
I use a Boss OD3 and it's perfect for boosting.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Boss BD-2 is an amazing boost, or of you care not about gain boost get a transparent booster like a BBE boosta grande, or FREQ boost, or a MXR boost, any of those are great
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Maxon OD9 or OD0808 is like original Tubescreamer. Apparnetly Maxon reissued these becasue the current Tubescreamer reissues out suck. the maxons contain the origian chip or something ,that makes it sound a lot closer to origianl than the Ibanex TS's.
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
^^^ yeah the re issue 808 by ibanez has the same chip as well the maxon has a ****ty casing and the ibanez is easier to find... theres no difference...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.