hi all
basically im in the market for a guitar similar in appearance to the classical jazz guitar (if you dont know what i mean, take a look a d'angelico acoustics)
i dont however have the 2 and a half grand to buy one,
can anyone point me in a cheaper direction?
Peavey JF-1... got one for about 360 CAN, plus 100 for the case
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
You will not get what you are looking for without spending 2k for it. Sorry. The thing is, to make a good d'angelico, or a good benedetto knock off, you use as much material as you would use for 4 regular acoustic guitars. So look at your average taylor or martin (1 or 2 grand) and think about the fact that the cost of making it is actually 4 times as much and then it seems like you are getting a pretty good deal.

I could make you one for a little over 1,000 GBP but that is still about $2,000. The long and short of it is that archtops cost a lot of money to make and the profit margin is very small. Therefor, even off brands cost thousands.
Not taking any online orders.
If you are willing to give up on the idea of a true acoustic then there are a lot of very nice simi hollowbody and hollowbody electrics that sound great when plugged in and are not horrible when unplugged.
Not taking any online orders.