Does the Line 6 XT live have the same features as line 6 xt but instead with a effect pedal?

Can i use it as an amp modular just like the previous version? what are your thoughts on it? also... what would happen if i put in a bass amp? thoughts? concerns? experience?
pod xt live = pod xt but a floorboard version just means you can use it for gigging the effects and tones are identical + u get lots more from the xt live expression pedal (Wah Volume Whammy) Amp model button Comp button Mod Button and Delay Buttonx which u can turn on and off (obviously)
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
I might get the xt live then.. i just hope it doesn't sound too digitialized. I used revalver software for a while on my computer.. although it sounded good it just didn't have depth in the sound. Felt like it was trying to hard rather than just letting my playing take over. Its hard to explain, but you can defiently hear the difference between revalver and using an actual amp.

anyone still have any experience plugging it into a bass amp still using an electric guitar? do the effects change ?
Last edited by anaoshak at Sep 20, 2006,
Line 6 equip = VERY *cough CRAPPY* and digital sounding. Check maybe into a Boss GT-8 or xsomethng if your looking for a floor processor.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JesseIbanez
Line 6 equip = VERY *cough CRAPPY* and digital sounding. Check maybe into a Boss GT-8 or xsomethng if your looking for a floor processor.

seems like you got a crap cold going on there jesse
In my opinion, the POD isn't that great. I played it through my amp for hours tweaking before I just gave up. All high gain sounds were fuzzy and it just didn't sound right. I then moved onto the Vox Tonelab SE. It is leaps and bounds ahead of the PODxt for live in my opinion. Sounds are better and it it just a simpler set up. I only wish I could keep the Tonelab. I must return it so I can afford my car.
Quote by jmac72187
In my opinion, the POD isn't that great. I played it through my amp for hours tweaking before I just gave up. All high gain sounds were fuzzy and it just didn't sound right. I then moved onto the Vox Tonelab SE. It is leaps and bounds ahead of the PODxt for live in my opinion. Sounds are better and it it just a simpler set up. I only wish I could keep the Tonelab. I must return it so I can afford my car.

Not to offend anyone, but... are the people not liking the pod the ones who don't know how to use it?

I wonder if i could try it out at guitar center
Ive used a POD for about a total of 1000 hours trying to fix my ****ing band's other guitarists amp and tone.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
The pod is a great little tool, if you are really picky on tone, than it may not be for you, but you can get great sounds if you know what you're doing. I primarily use it for recording and it sounds great and the onboard USB makes it a recording interface.
It sounded pretty good for low gain tones, but if I played it through an amp or for recording, the metal/high gain tones were just bad.
Quote by jmac72187
It sounded pretty good for low gain tones, but if I played it through an amp or for recording, the metal/high gain tones were just bad.

got any recordings of that tonelab before you bring it back? I'd like to hear what kind of high gain tones it can record.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I wish. I spent all my time tweaking the tones to go in front of my tube amp. It sounds ridiculous through that. I never got into making some good recording tones. They were all very trebley. In my opinion it is best to go in front of a tube amp.