My uncle is selling his Epi Les Paul black beauty for $400 ( I can find it new for $700). It needs a new Selector Pot and i'd like to replace the pickups with EMGs if i buy it. I've never Seen a 3-way EMG set before, should i just buy another 85 or 81 for the middle position? Also, does anyone know how much it costs to repair the pot? I'm willing to put a decent amount of cash into it because it comes with a hardshell case and its also the first guitar i ever played.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
get the Zakk Wylde set (ZWEMG81 and an 85) then buy a normal 81 for the middle

so you have an HHH set going brightest, bright, warm

good mix
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Selector pot? You mean a selector switch?
I don't have any experience with EMG's, but on the EMG website you get a whole new set of controls if you get a Zakk Wylde set. So I guess you will be able to replace it with what you get out of a box.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
theres no pot, its a rotary selector switch, it gives you a buttload of pickup options, they arent really expencive, maby like 10-15 bucks at the most..
use a

emg 60:neck

Emg 81:bridge or neck

Emg 85:bridge or neck
prs tremonti sig (tribal)
gibson slash sig
2 custom strats
fender 50th ann strat.

marshall slash jcm
fender cyber twin
orange ad 30 head
MESA/Boogie Triple Rec