I was listening to Bed of Razors and I woke up 4 hours later...I can't believe this band sucks that much I really thought theyd be good 'cause all the hype.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Take this to the ONLY COB thread.

"Slient Night, Bodom Night" is a better then "Bed of Razors" IMO.

QFT.

CoB usually does put me in a deep slumber.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I love bodom and the other day I was thinking how crap that song is too. Listen to Needled 24/7 Silent Night, Bodom Night Follow the Reaper
Bed of Razors is better than anything you'll ever do in your entire life... including die which will definently be the highlight. Now get to the Children of Bodom only thread.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by KingKelly
I was listening to Bed of Razors and I woke up 4 hours later...I can't believe this band sucks that much I really thought theyd be good 'cause all the hype.

+100,000
wow i thought i was just about people who were bored. my bad
Touch Me?
Quote by trem7
Sandrix, will you be my UG wife?
of course trem7!
~Female Member of UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
FREE POSTS!!!!!!

Alexander Kuoppala was this band. Alexi is just a mediocre soloist who steals credit for Alexander's amazing riffs.

I love the old stuff, because Kuoppala could make great melodies and such.

FAGS.
personally im not a big fan of Children of Boredom but as a heavy metal artist i must give them the respect they deserve :!
Zach
Quote by DeathLegionaire
FREE POSTS!!!!!!

Alexander Kuoppala was this band. Alexi is just a mediocre soloist who steals credit for Alexander's amazing riffs.

I love the old stuff, because Kuoppala could make great melodies and such.

FAGS.

Seriously? I never thought he gave much imput to the band. He said he left cause he wasn't as talented as the others.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
i think you were listening to the wrong song. "hate me!" is probly my favorite from them. i have to disagree, however, with alex being the band. yes he is just as good as alexi laiho, and put most of the contribution in to the band, but laiho can solo like a god, as well as write some great music. he shows it in his live shows. he is a hell of an entertainer and he can play almost as well live, which is more to say than about herman li. but alexi also has done alot for the band as well since alex left. alexi writes all of his guitar parts as well as much of the keyboard parts. i think they are all extremely talented musicians, so until you can be in their position than you cant really bash them. theyve come a long way.
schecter hellraiser
jackson dkmgt dinky w/ reverse headstock
squier series 24
custom built semi hollowbody
two custom acoustics
esteban american legacy acoustic/electric
b.c. rich son of beast
squier strat, customly rebuilt
ibanez bass
Quote by peeonyou2
i think you were listening to the wrong song. "hate me!" is probly my favorite from them. i have to disagree, however, with alex being the band. yes he is just as good as alexi laiho, and put most of the contribution in to the band, but laiho can solo like a god, as well as write some great music. he shows it in his live shows. he is a hell of an entertainer and he can play almost as well live, which is more to say than about herman li. but alexi also has done alot for the band as well since alex left. alexi writes all of his guitar parts as well as much of the keyboard parts. i think they are all extremely talented musicians, so until you can be in their position than you cant really bash them. theyve come a long way.

Thats funny, I saw them a year ago and alexi was ****ing terrible, he ran around so much he was out of breath for vocal parts, his timing was off and his execution was flawed.

If you want me to compare them to dragonforce, who I also saw, dragonforce kicked the everloving **** out of CoB.
Admittedly CoB are a bit on the boring and repetitve side, however, somehow they have got popular so we have to respect them for that
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
I really like CoB, One of my favourite bands actually. I dont see why they get so much disrespect. I guess thats what happens when a band starts to get more popular. They are all very talented with there instruments and I like the way Alexi does his vocals. Some say they arent good, But honestly... In the whole black-death-whatever type of growled vocal genres how can you say one is more talented than the other? And no, I was not classifying the band so dont even start with the genre bull****.
Quote by gaudymob
But honestly... In the whole black-death-whatever type of growled vocal genres how can you say one is more talented than the other?

Easily.

Just like any other type of genres, there are bands that are good and there are band that are better.

In this case, I find there are many bands out there that are better than COB.

That doesn't mean I don't like these guys though.
roar
alexi = nice guy once you meet him.. drunk but nice.. sloppy guitar playing but none the less talented when he wants to be.. i really dont care for his style of playing b/c it seems to me like hes just the next Yngwie... just not as good.. but to each his own i guess..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Quote by gaudymob
I really like CoB, One of my favourite bands actually. I dont see why they get so much disrespect. I guess thats what happens when a band starts to get more popular. They are all very talented with there instruments and I like the way Alexi does his vocals. Some say they arent good, But honestly... In the whole black-death-whatever type of growled vocal genres how can you say one is more talented than the other? And no, I was not classifying the band so dont even start with the genre bull****.

Easily
But yeah, Bodom is alright but they get overhyped too much nowadays. They are good but there are better bands out there.
Quote by ryknow157
alexi = nice guy once you meet him.. drunk but nice.. sloppy guitar playing but none the less talented when he wants to be.. i really dont care for his style of playing b/c it seems to me like hes just the next Yngwie... just not as good.. but to each his own i guess..

You mean he's a terrible Yngwie clone? You hit the nail right on the head.

DEFINTELY not the next Yngwie, just one in a line of many many clones.

Overhyped and overrated.
Don't create bashing threads

opinions are fine, but if they're not constructive; keep 'em to urself...
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever