Page 1 of 2
He fails to mention that s prestiges are overpriced but then again he gets them for free so they're not overpriced for him!
ahah
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
"It sounds like you're strangling your cat". I got a chuckle out of that.
Never realized how thin those guitars are!

And Sam falling on stage was pretty bad. But funny.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
anyone else notice that their guitars are out of tune (from each other) on Through the Fire and Flames?
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
Doesnt the s470sol he always plays have a lo trs trem in stock form? lol I wonder if he replaced it with a better trem. I dont really like dragonforce but this has always baffled me due to the amount of abuse he puts on the trem...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150
anyone else notice that their guitars are out of tune (from each other) on Through the Fire and Flames?

Thats because Sam falls right away in the video and knocks his guitar out of tune. Sounds pretty horrible too.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Quote by ScottishAngus
Doesnt the s470sol he always plays have a lo trs trem in stock form? lol I wonder if he replaced it with a better trem. I dont really like dragonforce but this has always baffled me due to the amount of abuse he puts on the trem...

not from 95 they were all made in japan and got teh edge pro/lo pro back then

and I would tend to agree with him I love mine much better than "superstrat" neck thru heavy metal type like a Jackson soloist or LTD M series. The Prestige S is a bit pricey at $1100 but my brother got mine for $400 on ebay then gave it to me as a gift.
Not a big fan of their music, but I love their demeanor and how they never seem to take themselves seriously.

Quote by CustomCustom
not from 95 they were all made in japan and got teh edge pro/lo pro back then

Nope, 470s always had the Lo-TRS, and I'm almost certain never were Japanese.
Edit: correcting myself, never aside from '93 (Lo-Pro). But there was no MOL finish for 470 in line at that time, so his is older.

As far as it goes, I can't imagine that bridge lasting through one set in Li's hands, not to mention all the gigs he did with it. Something's fishy!
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Sep 20, 2006,
i don't see why he didn't quickly switch guitars? Herman could have just played rythm for a litte bit and sam could've had someone run out and give him another guitar.
The S470 has a ZR trem now.

Personally I dig S series guitars, but I think for the MUCH higher price than 470's or 520's, the S Prestige isn't that worth it.
haha
Not impressed with dragonforce, or their endorsements, even though I DO plan on buying an s prestige in the future (used).
I want to get one of those S series, jesus christ its thin though!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

dragon force is lame
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
I think YOU'RE lame.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I want to get one of those S series, jesus christ its thin though!

I'm getting one in a few days for $200... too bad it comes with a Lo-TRS... Meh, it's a direct swap with an OFR .
that poor poor whammy bar, and seriousy that really, realy is thin.
If I wanted to push my guitars on somebody, I wouldn't use Herman Li to do it, that's for sure. Herman Li sucks ass.
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150

prolly cuz sam fell an knocked his guitar outta tune hahaha
Quote by HxCori<3

yeh probably but yeh god ewwww just plain ewww i wouldnt of wanted to be him during that cos it would of had sucked big balls
And sam totmans solos are always horrible... lmao
herman li is pretty sketchy as well but sam totman is just bad.
Quote by ScottishAngus
And sam totmans solos are always horrible... lmao
herman li is pretty sketchy as well but sam totman is just bad.

aye i couldnt really hear herman's solo at all probably cos it was too quick for me or was just too crap
Quote by HxCori<3

Should've been using an Ibanez S series.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
jesus christ all you people saying herman is lame i bet you couldnt play half the stuff he plays
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
jesus christ all you people saying herman is lame i bet you couldnt play half the stuff he plays

nope but we can play in tune
Quote by azn_guitarist25
nope but we can play in tune
lol im sure if you give him a guitar thats in tune he could too
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

Well then you're wrong buddy.
Reading the Ibanez site, the S series come with the ZR floyd? not a Lo-TRS?
Gear:

Ibanez V50 acoustic ( my first love)
Ibanez 442 RTR ( my second love)
Laney Linebacker Reverb 30Watt
yeah that S looks even thinner than my SG

and the dude falling vid was funny, but if I fell like that I'd worry more about my guitar than about myself

herman li....hermit li....kermit li ?
meh, I don't like Dragonforce, I just thinks it's cool that they experiment with weird tremolo effects.
the guitars are nice, i love d'addarios, but i think herman li is a tiny bit overrated
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Thats wonderful.
Is that why half the retards on this site are so into shred??? I mean, thats cool and all, but c'mon. You will NEVER be that fast. Not even a little bit. And then play clear and accurate?
Now do my laundry.
Quote by demea
Thats wonderful.
Is that why half the retards on this site are so into shred??? I mean, thats cool and all, but c'mon. You will NEVER be that fast. Not even a little bit. And then play clear and accurate?
Now do my laundry.

Herman Li is not shred. Shred requires skill and precision, neither of which Herman Li has any of. If he put half as much effort into practicing as he does faking, he would be a much better guitarist. Period.
I would love to hear Herman Li with the gain turned to 5 O'clock and heavier strings. When you play with that much gain and light strings there is a lot that can be hidden.
Don't follow the trends. Do what feels right.
Page 1 of 2