Basically, i have a fire alarm sign (dont ask) and i was thinking, should i stick this on a guitar to give it a bit more identity?

if so, how? (screws glue, etc)
umm... depends the size. What kind of sign. Post a picture. And a picture of your guitar.
1/2 inch bolts
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It wont be on my guitar that i'm using at the moment (Dean Baby V) but it just fits on the back, so on my ibanez S470 it should fit well, I'll get a picture and post it in a sec

EDIT: heres the pics:

sign on my Baby V

the signon its own
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Sep 21, 2006,
Meh man...I wouldn't put it on your guitar. It's a kinda cool idea but it's so big and clunky...
Screw it onto your amp!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
On the grill probably?, but that could mess up the sound, not to mention clunkiness, you could put it on top or on the sides but not on the guitar plz...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Woah! if you DO put it on the guitar, route out the little "button" on the sign, and have the toggle switch or a knob come out of there
Quote by mangablade
Woah! if you DO put it on the guitar, route out the little "button" on the sign, and have the toggle switch or a knob come out of there

amazing

make it into a kind of pickguard. or stick it to your amps grill (should fit snugly in a corner)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I was thinking of wiring a flashing LED somewhere near the sign as a little funky extra, but i geuss if it screws the tone/sustain then i wont, i may put it on a backup guitar or my amp yet though
Quote by mangablade

Quote by IndieMetalhead

amazing

make it into a kind of pickguard. or stick it to your amps grill (should fit snugly in a corner)

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I was thinking of wiring a flashing LED somewhere near the sign as a little funky extra, but i geuss if it screws the tone/sustain then i wont, i may put it on a backup guitar or my amp yet though

Woah, woah , WOAH!

Pickguard, plus have that button be a toggle switch, but a custom one with an LED stickin out the end of the switch!

I dont think it'd screw any tone/sustain at all
You could use it for a trem back plate if you use a trem. Just drill out some holes so you can access the strings.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
You could use it for a trem back plate if you use a trem. Just drill out some holes so you can access the strings.

That was the original idea but i think i'll do it on a backup guitar and not my ibanez (when i get it)
Quote by mangablade
Woah, woah , WOAH!

Pickguard, plus have that button be a toggle switch, but a custom one with an LED stickin out the end of the switch!

I dont think it'd screw any tone/sustain at all

if you ran it from a seperate power supply on an isolated circuit, which only came on when you plugged the cable in (like how active circuits are off when the cables out), with a stereo jack. no tone sucking at all.

but i'd love to see you try and fit a LED into a toggle
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
wait, when did i say that? i said i'd put a flashing LED somewhere on the guitar to make it look like some sort of fire alarm, but even thats to complimicated for me
you can get toggle switches with the led already built in at maplin, theres one with the led in the end of the toggle, and an amber coloured one with the led in the middle so the whole switch lights up, but tbh, id make it something useful, like a gain boost, or distortion switch

"You're a MESS!"
thats wierd, it came up when i opened this forum as the first unread :S meh, UG gremlin i suppose...

"You're a MESS!"