yup picking up a lady hahaha . just looking for suggestions on what songs would be good. doesnt necessarily have to be hard/easy to play. anything i guess is good. something like a ballad/melody...please and thank you

if you can, please put a link where i can preview the song. thanks again.
Hahahhaha, Weather Report is the ****! Im directly related to the Bassist as well! Jaco Pastorius!
Quote by Devon_555
Hahahhaha, Weather Report is the ****! Im directly related to the Bassist as well! Jaco Pastorius!

If you aren't BSing thats awesome.

The Vision - Victor Wooten
Ari's Eyes - Victor Wooten
Overjoyed (ironic I know) - Victor Wooten

Basically 40% of his music is slow, mournful and beautiful.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by the_hoople
Two words.....acoustic guitar

+1, if you have one though.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
lots of harmonics. I've found that women like harmonics. Do not ask me why.

At this one show I did (in fact one of the only shows I've done) I did a solo with lots of phasing and delay. It was all natural and artificial harmonics, and one girl there told me that it was "heartwrenching". I kid you not.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by the_hoople
Two words.....acoustic guitar

bah, away with your acoustic guitars. ill go Bluto on your ass.

victor wooten stuff is great to play and all, but thats not something you can learn in short notice. im still struggling with overjoyed.

the best thing ive found, learn chords. you can make some of the prettiest chord progressions, and if your real slick, she asks "who wrote that?" you say "why, i did. i was just thinking of you and got inspired."

good luck bro
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by AudioOUTRAGE
yup picking up a lady hahaha . just looking for suggestions on what songs would be good. doesnt necessarily have to be hard/easy to play. anything i guess is good. something like a ballad/melody...please and thank you

if you can, please put a link where i can preview the song. thanks again.

Solar Groove by John Myung... it's on that instructional video on youtube.
Love Thang - Stu Hamm. Cant beat it IMO. but yeah PoT is a killer - my girlfriend loves that one. she calls it the "nice one with bells in". bless her little cotton socks!

Also, try something a little off the beaten track - classical. No one ever talks about classical pieces on bass here, personally they are a favourite of mine. in particular Beethovens 5th Symphony and Bach's Sinfonia..

Ultimately, you should pick up the acoustic if you want to serenade a girl - it's much easier. Three open chords with a few hammers and you're talking wet knickers. trust me.
Quote by Dilweed
+1, if you have one though.

You bastard....Thou hath stolen mine avatar.......
Yertle or Crazypeanutman , could you possibly post a link to an Overjoyed tab?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Yertle or Crazypeanutman , could you possibly post a link to an Overjoyed tab?

i got mine from guitar pro's free try out and printed it out, heh. so, id suggest getting guitar pro. the only right one ive found so far. if you want i can put a tab up somehwere, but it will take a while.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Have fun woo-ing on a bass. Its fun to try though!
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by Applehead
Love Thang - Stu Hamm. Cant beat it IMO. but yeah PoT is a killer - my girlfriend loves that one. she calls it the "nice one with bells in". bless her little cotton socks!

Also, try something a little off the beaten track - classical. No one ever talks about classical pieces on bass here, personally they are a favourite of mine. in particular Beethovens 5th Symphony and Bach's Sinfonia..

Ultimately, you should pick up the acoustic if you want to serenade a girl - it's much easier. Three open chords with a few hammers and you're talking wet knickers. trust me.

Yar. Classical sounds great on bass if you get it arranged right. Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise are my favs to play.