I am getting a new tube amp and pickups for my LP. Im thinkin Vox 50 watt and Seymour JB. anyone got anything better around that price range? I play metalcore.
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
I have a vox 50 watt, and I love it. I reccomend that definatly. Go with your instincts.
yes, I am, they have a 12ax7 power tube
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
i have the vox ad50vt and love it

but for metalcore you might prefer a roland cube 60
its solid state though

maybe a peavey for a tube amp
Why do you want a Vox for metalcore?

price range.

and the LP Special 2 is a 99 dollar guitar... why put in a 60 dollar pickup?
haha
To threadstarter: Just... guh...mmm... I want to insult you so very badly. But I'm gonna not be an elitist dick. The Vox AD series sounds good to my ear, I focus on a lo-mid gain tone (except when I play LoG). You want a higher gain sound, the AD won't do it as well.

My main problem in writing something nice is that you think that AD is tube, it has one tube in it. and for the record. METAL WAS NOT SHOT BY NIRVANA, JUST BECAUSE YOU WRITE IT SO IT SOUNDS LIKE A TRUISM DOES NOT MAKE IT ONE. SAME GOES FOR "There's no good music these days" THERE IS, GO LOOK! ARGRGASRGSLDFH

[end rant]

Man I'm already getting cynical and I'm only an '06er
Quote by Connorcore
Man I'm already getting cynical and I'm only an '06er

LOL so am i...

Quote by Connorcore
SAME GOES FOR "There's no good music these days" THERE IS, GO LOOK! ARGRGASRGSLDFH

Agreed, there is good metal, if you know where to look.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
VOX = NOT FOR METAL
VOX ADxxVT = NOT TUBE = HYBRID = NOT VERY GOOD = NOT WORTH IT

Thats a lot easier to explain stuff that way.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
mmm how bout

Vox ADxxVT= not tube= hybrid= still pretty good sounding= but not as good as a true tube amp
Quote by rockr09
mmm how bout

Vox ADxxVT= not tube= hybrid= still pretty good sounding= but not as good as a true tube amp

exactly.

Threadstarter, dont fall prey to the 'hybrid' amps. THEY ARE NOT REAL TUBE AMPS AND DONT SOUND ANYTHING OF THE LIKE. Its all just one huge marketing sheme IMO.

Having said that, the Vox AD series kicks butt. But for your tastes I recommend against it and submit a suggestion of the Roland Cube.

(wow, i really made that complicated...)
for your pricerange... im thinking Trainwreck and an SD custom shop EVH pickup...

in all seriousness, the roland cube 60 has a bit more of the metallic crunchy goodness to it than the vox ad50vt does... and a JB is a perfectly good pickup... certain people may have a bone to pick with it... but tweaked right, it does a nice job
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
First of all, that Vox isn't a valve amp, secondly, it won't get you anywhere close to a metalcore sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
sorry R_H_C_P but the VOX IS a valve amp, mixed with a transistor, the idea being that you get great sounds and a lighweight, portable amp. It also has higain settings, mixed with overdrive and distortion. I think the Vox, I own the one down from it (the same but smaller) AD30VT and its awsome VOX, VOX, VOX!
In my opinion, the Vox AD amps suck. I tried the 30 watt and 50 watt version, they might sound 'good' to somebody at low volume, but crank them and they just sound thin. Bring one to jam/practice with a band and you'll wish you bought something else. Sure there's a 12AX7, but that doesn't make it a tube amp.

You really need to get out there and try amps out for yourself rather than ask what other people think. Everyone doesn't have the same tastes...Opinions aren't facts... Not sure why everyone likes putting up polls or threads about what amp they should get, I like going to a few stores and try out amps for a few hours.
Quote by guitartabsking
sorry R_H_C_P but the VOX IS a valve amp, mixed with a transistor, the idea being that you get great sounds and a lighweight, portable amp. It also has higain settings, mixed with overdrive and distortion. I think the Vox, I own the one down from it (the same but smaller) AD30VT and its awsome VOX, VOX, VOX!

Dont argue with RHCP fool.

It is not a valve amp for christs sake

It has one valve

The "main" valves in valve amps would be the power ones anyway, driving these are the true key to valve sounds

Back to your minicube
Quote by davedoom
Back to your minicube

Now that I think about it, the Vox AD's seem to be wanna-be-cube.
Quote by Guitarmiester

Now that I think about it, the Vox AD's seem to be wanna-be-cube.

Quote by guitartabsking

You're wrong, it's a hybrid amp, just because it's got one valve doesn't make it a valve amp.

And the Vox's high gain settings aren't as good as other amps, it's made for cleaner stuff, and he wants to play metalcore, go figure.

And cheers Davedoom.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're wrong, it's a hybrid amp, just because it's got one valve doesn't make it a valve amp.

And the Vox's high gain settings aren't as good as other amps, it's made for cleaner stuff, and he wants to play metalcore, go figure.

And cheers Davedoom.

NP Sir, we dont need bullshiiters around here thankyouverymuch!

I find you actually make sense!
Quote by davedoom
NP Sir, we dont need bullshiiters around here thankyouverymuch!

I find you actually make sense!

Indeed, He is one of the Greatest People on the forum
Quote by Guitarmiester
In my opinion, the Vox AD amps suck. I tried the 30 watt and 50 watt version, they might sound 'good' to somebody at low volume, but crank them and they just sound thin. Bring one to jam/practice with a band and you'll wish you bought something else. Sure there's a 12AX7, but that doesn't make it a tube amp.

OMG SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!

And guy that tried to call R_H_C_P an idiot, your a dumbass, the Vox ADxxVT series is NOT valve, it has 1 tube, therefore it is a hybrid. It makes absolutely no difference with the 1 valve though, mind you.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
It's kind of like the newer Zoom floor units, I've seen a lot of people going 'wild' because they see 12AX7, lol... Some people need to do alittle research/read specs. before they try flapping their gums.
Quote by guitartabsking

RHCP =
Yeah go with R_H_C_P he knows what hes talking about. The AD series is good for a ss but by no means a tube.

And its not voiced for metal/metalcore/numetal so dont even waste your time trying to get it to work out. Get a cube 60 if you want that.

And whoever says that the AD series is tube is a tard. It IS a marketing scheme.

secondly, the JB is hit or miss. A LOT of treble. i suggest you buy a new guitar because, to be frank, yours sucks....

but each to his own. Thats jsut my two cents
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Quote by JesseIbanez
OMG SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!

And guy that tried to call R_H_C_P an idiot, your a dumbass, the Vox ADxxVT series is NOT valve, it has 1 tube, therefore it is a hybrid. It makes absolutely no difference with the 1 valve though, mind you.

I just have to point this out...

When you want to insult someone for being stupid, or call someone a dumbass, make sure you do it while using proper english. You look just as stupid when you insult someone then spell stuff wrong.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
I just have to point this out...

When you want to insult someone for being stupid, or call someone a dumbass, make sure you do it while using proper english. You look just as stupid when you insult someone then spell stuff wrong.

Arent you being slightly hypocritical?

Otherwise, you are definately being a square.

Let the children play, i think they can handle themselves without some sad old man poking his head over the playground wall and moaning "wernt like this int maaaa day"

well, now I plan on a Peavey Valveking and an EMG H4. And JET116, dude, I could get way heavier tones out of my ass than your strat!
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Yeah whatever. i have cables that cost more than your guitars.

I hope that metal master can cover up your mistakes better than your talk can
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Does anyone else think his gear sucks?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
*raises hand*

Your guitar is bearable, but with the H4 it'll sound ****. Try getting a real EMG like the 60, 81, 85.

And also, what is your pricerange for all of this?
Quote by JET116

Actually, it can, and I give a why? you're an idiot if u do. Strats, no matter what suck for heavier tones, so go shove that oversized internet ego up your ass, and tell your mom i'll be over at 8!

now for the people who actually do something besides talk , im getting the valeking, my friend ha it and it is awesome with the metal master, and its either the EMG H4 ot the JB
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Haha! I'm loved! Thanks... Love you all too
Don't be afraid to care"

Why would you run a metalmaster into a tube amp?!?!?!

If you want to use the metal master, you might as well just use your rogue amp( )....a distrtion pedal is made to mask amp tone, and take over with its circuitry.....except if it is a lighter, more transparent one, which the metal master is not.

And throw the EMG H-4 out the window....that's the HZ....throw it out the window right now....it'll have better use as a random flying object.

In all honesty, I think a strat with lace sensors can do a much more natural heavy tone than a HZ.
Quote by JET116

what cables?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit