Ok, I am making a custom guitar in woodshop, and I am getting frustrated with the measurements, because I do not know where to rout out the bridge, and what do do with the neck pocket.

Does anyone know somewhere that I can find measurements for pickup placement and bridge placement?
Yeah i know a place one sec lemme pull the mthrfckr up.

HERE

Ya just read that over, and at the bottom theres a chart that clarifys it a bit better.
Last edited by stevetravale at Sep 20, 2006,
then dont worry about it, i have a 24 fret schecter and my neck pickup sounds good, its just because there is a harmonic point at where the 24th fret should be and i guess that makes the neck pickup soud better
Actually, where the 24th fret harmonic is there's a huge node. Same with the 36th and 48th. If you know anything about physics, you'd know nodes are the point where a waveform crosses zero, which is where the string vibration is 'minimal' to say the least.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
yes i know that, but im not sure why put a pickup there, im just going on what ive read in a few sites faqs...i dont know for myself
what algee said is right, but remember every time you fret a note you essentially shorten the string meaning you move those nodes around. dont get hung up on the idea of "OMG NODE AT THE 24TH FRET" because in the long run its going to make a very minimal difference.
Not to mention nodes are very hypothetical, myths basically.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I was thinking that the reason the neck pickup sounds better is that the string can vibrate more freely, opening up the frequency response for the pickup ALONG with the whole node idea.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."