me high e string sounds lower then it should be when I play up the string. Like when I play the solo from holiday it doesn't sound right when I play the second string to the first string, and my tuner says it is tuned, and also my 2nd string recently broke and I replaced it, but I haven't replace my high e string in a while, could that be a reason to.
it's not a solo, it's like 4 notes. . .

Your intonation on your e might be off, do a search for that, also you should almost always replace all your strings at once (unless a brand new one breaks)
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
your fretboard could be warped...try sighting the neck to see if its straight..good luck
well judging that its greenday i'm gonna take a stab and say your somewhat new to guitar? and maybe if its like wayyy low then your tuner could be picking it up as a lower E and saying its tuned to that or something
God am i devilishly good looking
kenny, I've been playing for 3 years, and I play the four green day songs I know as warm ups, then I go into 5 AC/DC songs, then 2 metallica, and then 2 black sabbath. I know more then that, it's just I only play the songs I really like.
you use songs as warmups? sounds like a weird excuse to play green day. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
seeing as how i could care less as to what songs u play...

see if the guitar is in tune at the 12th fret. (intonation, like said)
if it's in tune then u need to look at the string. is it tuned correctly, is it kinked or messed up in some way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I figured it out, I had to get a new string on it. I changed it and it sounded alot better.
Quote by eltyr18
when I play the solo from holiday it doesn't sound right :

its green day you dumb f/ck. of course it doesnt sound right.

i have a friend who like green day. i tabbed all the songs on american idiot in 20 min

no jokes.

plus, the drummer's gay

suck on that

cheers

Edit: Incredible. Somebody reported me. For this.

I've said ten times worse.
Last edited by dannay at Sep 22, 2006,
I don't like Green Day, but...

Quote by dannay
its green day you dumb f/ck. of course it doesnt sound right.

i have a friend who like green day. i tabbed all the songs on american idiot in 20 min

Want a cookie?

Quote by dannay
no jokes.

Pro.

Quote by dannay
plus, the drummer's gay

So is Halford, and Halford is > than you will ever be.

If you were saying gay as in 'lol stup1d' then Halford is still > you.

Quote by dannay
suck on that

On what?

Quote by dannay
cheers

Quote by spikormikor13
Want a cookie?

yes, yes i do.

Quote by spikormikor13
so is Halford, and Halford is > than you will ever be. If you were saying gay as in 'lol stup1d' then Halford is still > you.

do you think i give a ****?
dannay is not arrogant- hes just right all the time n00b
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.