To everyone who has Guitarport:

I just got guitarport, and it's really great.
My problem is I'm a newbie at recording, and I don't know how to record myself playing over a rhythm track. I can record my rhythm playing fine with audacity, but when I record myself playing over it, it doesn't work (my solos aren't recorded).

EDIT: I rephrased my question again, below.
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Sep 24, 2006,
i beleive for fruity loops songs into audacity, you have to put a mic up to your computer speakers to put it in your recording. for your other problem, i don't know what to tell you.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Well I don't have a mic, I bought guitarport for direct recording. But you're right, that would work too. But what I mean is, I'm not using fl studio for recording, I just use it to make the backing drums and bass that I play along with.

Sorry, I'll rephrase my question:

How do you guys with Guitarport record your rhythm-playing and solo playing separately, using programs like audacity or kristal?
first of all make sure that your guitarport is set up as the input decive in your recording proggy & that you are getting sound through it...then record arm that track & you're ready to go :P

you also have to import your back track into the recording program onto a seperate audio or MIDI track...i don't know if FL has rewire options or VST/RST plugins but if not export the track into a wav or MIDI file & import into your recording program
Quote by gtrfrk123
i beleive for fruity loops songs into audacity, you have to put a mic up to your computer speakers to put it in your recording. for your other problem, i don't know what to tell you.

LMFAO, Fruity loops has an export feature, I always use it. Just export it and import it into audacity.
Fixed the problem a couple days ago. Just came back to say thanks.
Thanks for the help guys!

Another question: The recordings I've made sound a bit scratchy, and not as clear as the when I'm playing.
Could this be a problem with my soundcard (I only have an onboard, integrated one, not a real card). I don't think it is, since recording and playback is done through guitarport (my settings are correct).
Is it just the recording and volume levels I gotta play around with?
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Sep 29, 2006,