Well, I have a Fender Stratocaster, usually run .9s on it I think, and I recently decided to use .10s on it, it's been working great so far, I love the feel and everything. Because it's much like my acoustic.

Just one question, will they warp the neck with standard truss rod placement? Or should I be going back to the .9s?

Thanks
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Sep 20, 2006,
wtf who makes 7's,
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
.10s will not warp your neck. .10s are my gauge of choice, but lots of guys like heavier strings, like .12s or .13s.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Friedmaniac
.10s will not warp your neck. .10s are my gauge of choice, but lots of guys like heavier strings, like .12s or .13s.

Okay, thanks then, I heard .12s and .13s can warp your neck though, if you don't adjust the truss rod first, I do have a pack of .13s but those are insane, I don't think I will ever use them lol.

Quote by eyeownyu
wtf who makes 7's,

It might have been 9's, it's been a while since I used them

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
7's

no they wont warp your neck, but im sure you'll have to intonate your guitar again
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Stop laughing at me

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Quote by AthenasGhost
Stop laughing at me

They don't mean it.
No, they shouldn't warp your neck.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Stop laughing at me

im not laughing at you dude, i just think 7's are a ridiculously low guage to play with. im not making fun of you, dont worry
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Dude 10s are nothing. no need to be worried.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
Trust me man. .10's won't do a thing to your neck, it's only .01 guage different than .09's. If you were switch from .09's to .12's, that might mess up your neck.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
it's fine, think about it this way, why would companies produce things that will harm a product?
YEAH I'M STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, FOO!
^yes, yes they would. they make like .18 gadge strings, those mess up your guitar hardcore