Ok, so my birthday is coming up on November. I want to get some new gear but I have this situation. I have an LTD Viper-50 and an MG15

The guitar is ok but I feel like I need something better since I have become a better guitarist over the past 10-11 months.

But recently my brother decided that he wanted to play guitar too.

I can get something from my parents, but I know they won't want to spend over 300-400 dollars. I want an LTD MH 400NT which would be ****ing awesome but it's too expensive. I could get the cheaper MH 250NT but it's an agathis body and has passive EMG's which I heard suck. If I were able to buy another guitar then me and my brother would both have a guitar but then I'd be stuck with a crappy amp. If I do get an amp it would either be a Roland Cube-60 or a Vox AD50VT. But If I choose the amp then I'll get stuck with the Viper which is getting boring and doesn't have the sound I want. What should I do?

MH 250NT

MH 400NT
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
The MH250 would be a pretty good deal since it is Neck-Thru construction. Only the wings are agathis and the pickups are sitting in maple. Other that that its fine except for change out the pickups whenever you can.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
The MH250 would be a pretty good deal since it is Neck-Thru construction. Only the wings are agathis and the pickups are sitting in maple. Other that that its fine except for change out the pickups whenever you can.

I see. I don't know anything about changing pickups though. Are the stock p-ups on the 250 all that bad anyway?

Edit: You have an MH400? Is it worth the money?
from the reviews of your current guitar, it seems pretty good.

i'd go for the vox amp. my friend has the ad100vth and its awesome
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
I think I might just get a new amp. I'll just have to choose between the Roland and Vox. Then I'll just save my b-day money and christmas money and get the MH 400 during the summer. It might work if I don't blow the money on something stupid before I can buy the guitar.
Quote by SGStrummer61

Even though the pickups are sitting on the center, the agathis still makes the most percentage of the body, thus manipulating the sound. Unless you really like how this guitar sounds like, then only you think about it. The MH400NT are much better.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
dude wait for some time save money and get any ltd >400 which are gr8 guitars

get vox but nothing below AD30VT.
METALLICA RULES ( USED TO ;Before ST. Anger)

Gear:
Cort EVL-K6 (White Pearl)
BOSS ME-70
Fender CD-60
Quote by demon_gb26
dude wait for some time save money and get any ltd >400 which are gr8 guitars

get vox but nothing below AD30VT.

The VOX AD15VT is also fine, the only problem is that the speaker might fail or not sound so good in near future coz it aint no Celestion.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic