well, i got cakewalk pro audio 9, it's awesome, but, it saves everything in .wrk, so i can't convert it to mp3, wah or m4a, so, is there a good program that i can download from internet to record?
okay um idk what then. i used a mac for my recording just for guitar and piano. and the program was called Garage Band. but there is a Program for PC that you can use but i do not know what it is. i know studios use a PC to record songs but i do not know what program. i hope you find ur program.
Garage Band for Mac is FTW, I dunno about PC
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
well before you get software, make sure you have the right hardware. If your gonna take recording seriously than you need

-a good interface, id recomend a firewire or a toneport ux2 if you have a crappy amp. I use the toneport because it has effects built into it.
-If you get a USB type interface youll need a powered USB hub, ill recomend a Belkin, its like 30 bucks at best buy, i forgot the model though. The hub will make your recording speed as fast as firewire (maybe even faster?) and itll save you some money
-mics, for electric micing ill recomend a shure sm57 and for acoustical micing (and sometimes even vocals) a mxl 900/901 recording mic package
-a GREAT set of speakers. If your new to recording then your probably just gonna wanna start off with a set of stereo speakers, and although i dont recomend it, maybe even just a good set of computer speakers
-you definently DO NOT want to use your "home" computer for recording. Trust me, ive had my experiances, its bet to get an old computer or purchase a cheaper one and use it strictly for recording, i wouldnt recomend laptops either

hopefully your new to recording (im assuming you are) and i didnt just waist my time

EDIT: and i almost forgot CUBASE is a great recording software, its fantastic
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

damn, one of my friends uses cool edit (i think that's the name off the program) but i don't know where to download that
it's not serious recording, i mean, i can record with my mic and that program, i don't need anything else, it's just to mess around with it and have fun, that's all
what about audacity, that programs the shiz
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
yea, try audacity, thats the only program i ever use, partly cause i don't wanna pay lots of money for an overpriced recording program. but try audacity, then to convert to mp3, download lame mp3 encoder.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"