Okay here is the deal. I would like a new guitar and a new amp. My current guitar is an epiphone g-400 and my amp is a marshall avt20. I hope to get an esp/ltd ex-400 for my next guitar, and i have no idea what amp to get. I play metal and i am in a thrash band. I only have the money for one. So i need help deciding which to get first then in a few months i will buy the other. Also I need help deciding which amp to get as well. Thanks to any who help me out.
Get an amp, your amp is horrible (no offence). Um, maybe a Marshall DSL? What is your price range?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JesseIbanez
Get an amp, your amp is horrible (no offence). Um, maybe a Marshall DSL? What is your price range?

None taken. Anything over 1,000 USD is kinda pushing it. I dont really have an exact price range.
get a new amp
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
If youre looking for a combo tube amp, a DSL401 should do you well. A half stack DSL will be over 1000USD, so I guess thats out of the question. Ive gotta go to bed, school tomorrow, Im sure someone will help you. I gave my input :P
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
If you can stretch your budget a bit I'd suggest taking a look at the Carvin V3s. Supposed to be great metal amps at a VERY good price. Otherwise a used Peavey 5150/6505 would be a good idea as well, and it'll cost you less.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Is your AVT 20 a 20 watt amp? I've never ever played through any of the new Marshalls, but Apparently they dont like it. Lets see, go to a music store, ask them what half stacks they have, Or just look yourself, they'll be easy to spot. I was lucky enough once to walk into a store that had about 10 halfstacks for about 350 bucks. I bought an Ibanez Toneblaster 100. I love it, and I would consider it to be great for Thrash Music. I dont play thrash, but its got a real Heavy sound to it. I have an ESP LTD guitar, and I would recommend them, but you should buy new pickups for it. Duncans came with mine, But I switched the Bridge one for an Evo, and my tone with my ESP into my Ibanez amp is great now, IMO. I think I got a rare amp, because Ive heard another one, and it sounded completely different. Good luck with you purchase(s).
Edit: so I dont sound like an idiot, I agree with the last guy that posted, I'm not saying that you need to buy whatever is cheap, I'm just generally saying to try stuff out first.
Last edited by AloneInMyPlace at Sep 20, 2006,