Ok, so i was changing strings last night, and i guess i'm just a dumbass, hah, but i bought some .10's and .11's. well, i was goinggg to put the . 10's, i bought two of each, and i broke the high e string on both .10's, i was pissed. so then i realized that the part where the strings are raised near the pickups, was lower than when i had taken them off, so i raised it, and it sounded a bit better, and they didn't break when i put the .11's. so did the .10's break because the little piece wasn't high enough? and if so, does that mean i have to adjust that thing to fit the gauge i put on it? thanks, i'm a noob at this, i never knew i could even remove those parts when cleaning the guitar until one of them fell off and i was like, wtf, and realized it comes off easily to clean off. hah.
I don't understand the question at all. Pleace clarify!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
lol srry, it's hard to for some reason.... hm, but ok, so i was wondering why my strings broke, ok, well, nvm, it's clear to me now. but do i have to raise the action on my guitar when i get a bigger gauge sometimes?
Quote by Nautaflcl
lol srry, it's hard to for some reason.... hm, but ok, so i was wondering why my strings broke, ok, well, nvm, it's clear to me now. but do i have to raise the action on my guitar when i get a bigger gauge sometimes?

Not necessarily, action doesnt really affect a string breaking. However sharp saddles/locking nut are, what guitar do you have? Does it have any tremolo installed? If so, what type?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic