wats a good tube amp around $1000. I was wanting nice cleans, and good distortion too
A Traynor maybe? I hear they are really good for both
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
oh and a fender bassman reissue goes for around that, and you can score a fender blues deville for like 700-800 bucks so you can still put good tubes in it and not break 1000
Maybe a Marshall JCM 2000. you didn't really specify what kinda tone or volume capabilities you are looking for.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
hmmm it needs to be loud enough to be heard over a half a football field and drums and 3 other guitars
get 2 150 watt crate full stacks and feed them with a tube preamp, thats alot of space to throw sound and with your budget you need a big fullstack that moves alot of air for pretty cheap, i dont think you'll get enough power with a 1000$ tube amp, maby a marshal but you would have to push it really really hard and it might be too quiet..
Black Sabbath used Orange, and they have very nice cleans and distorted tones. Other good choices would be Mesa Boogie and Marshall, but nothing can beat trying it out yourself, just go to a guitar shop and choose your favorite.
Dickless.
yea, they are really nice, but they dont have the power to push a large venue like a football field.. only if you had a pa...
well its not technically a football field, i meant its probly the size of a 4th of a football field(25yds long, regular with though) and its a auditorium..... i kinda feel stupid now for not saying that in the first place...
ohhhhhhhhhh ok well then a blues deville will work fine, maby even get a 4x12 extention cab for it, that would work well with your price range, maby a hot rod deville too, they have plenty of wattage and flexability for what you need.
Try out the new fender supersonic. You didn't specify what kind of music, but the supersonic covers a large base. And if it isn't loud enough, mic it.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
What type of distortion, what stuff d'ya want to play? Be a bit more specific.

And you should listen to all these suggestion, except the guy who recommended 2 150w Crate stacks......
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I got my JSX for 900 bucks. take a look at those, great cleans, hard to get them to break up, had to go to about 7 untill they broke up.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
peavey is the way to go...the JSX would be a good choice.

and i'm not saying that just because tubadude said the same thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^or because your name is like mine?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Yeah....we don't know what you play.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yea i only said the crate full stacks because he said he had to play for a football stadium, crates are loud, not good...at all
get a Fender '69 twin reverb. It is an awesome amp, I own it. It depends on where you buy it, but it runs from 800-1500 dollars. On this site, just go up to the search bar on the home page, type in fender 69 twin reverb, and read a review on it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
yeah if you buy a ss halfstack then you are pretty much the bigest douche ever.

get a tube (if you dont play metal then get a fender)

traynors are versatile. try one
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
its gonna be a christian light sounding to a medium sounding band probly. (cleans, choruses, and light to mid distortion mainly)
Quote by paintITblack39
The Vox AC30 works well. Try out the Fender Twin Reverb.

he wants a good distortion, so, the twin reverb is not a good option but the ac30 could do the job
^ the AC30 would only do the job well if he CRANKS it (and its 30 watt class A so it would be REAAALLLLLLYYY loud...trust me i have one)

Get a smaller tube (or one thats not class A) so you can crank it
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Quote by tubadude
^or because your name is like mine?

pwned
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by paintITblack39
The Vox AC30 works well. Try out the Fender Twin Reverb.

^^ my recommendation in this price range as well ^^