Hey just wanted advice on the Bass Violin from Rogue (cheap reproduction of Hofner). I just like the look about it alot, you know the classic Beatles look. I like to play slow songs but I mostly like to jam with fast rock (not metal). Would this be a good guitar for it? Thanks in advanced.
Quote by d3vils food
Hey just wanted advice on the Bass Violin from Rogue (cheap reproduction of Hofner). I just like the look about it alot, you know the classic Beatles look. I like to play slow songs but I mostly like to jam with fast rock (not metal). Would this be a good guitar for it? Thanks in advanced.

mr. swift seems to be the authority on the violin basses, and his statement generally say they suck if i remember correctly. besides, your gonna have to wash your hands after every use to get the rogue of your hands.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
The old Hofners and stuff weren't great then, and aren't worth high prices now.

But if you want that look/maybe that sound... go something low end... it's close enough. I personally wouldn't go with a Rogue, but the low end violins are decent for that stuff.
haha
yeah go for the Ibanez the violin basses have a very original sound but they are wafer thin and have no sense of versitility about 'em if you were to go and get one the Rogue would be a horrible choice...
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join